+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough -DM-Oath

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Thos in Missisauga that was transferred to Scarborough is in very bad luck, they are now in limbo for oath invites whereas those stay in missisauga are being cleared at lightning speed, late august and early sep candidates are now receiving oath invites

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
For which some already received their invite. But yeah fingers crossed.

If Mississauga People's files transferred to Scarbourogh, Why can't Scarborough people take Oath at Mississauga? Completely Unfair and Unsual.
It is utterly unfair, now missisauga august people are already receiving oath invites and scarborough people still stuck

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
There is an June 29 applicant who is having Oath ceremony on February 6 in Scarborough so maybe July applicants will get invite for March.

Awebus

Star Member
Dec 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is an June 29 applicant who is having Oath ceremony on February 6 in Scarborough so maybe July applicants will get invite for March.
Exactly, my point is, instead of giving Oath to August applicants and September applicants, they could have cleared Oath backlogs of earlier ones atleast to be fair.

marjanb

Feb 5, 2018
Hi
My timline is worst. I applied on Dec 2016, did the test in June 2017....status changed to Decision made. The CIC officers and the Minister's office told me that everything is ok and you just have to wait for the oath invitation. Today, my e case changed to In Process. After follow up they said the decision was made in hurry and they have to do the background check. (After one year and 2 months that they had to do all kinds of checkings). I'm really confused.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hi
My timline is worst. I applied on Dec 2016, did the test in June 2017....status changed to Decision made. The CIC officers and the Minister's office told me that everything is ok and you just have to wait for the oath invitation. Today, my e case changed to In Process. After follow up they said the decision was made in hurry and they have to do the background check. (After one year and 2 months that they had to do all kinds of checkings). I'm really confused.
Man! You have every right to get upset about it! After 14 months!! They should be held responsible for such matters. They should at least send you an apology. Pathetic! Hope it gets back on track in shortest amount of time. Good luck!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi
Something is definitely wrong with Scarborough office I understand if they don’t have a full time judge for Oath ceremony but messing around with people application that is not acceptable.14 months when you go to do the test they tell you processing time is 12 months what a joke.goodluck to you and god help us all who’s file is in Scarborough.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Scarbourough has only part time judges and they are not available most of the time so it is crazily slow. Missisauga used to be in same situation but they become one of the fastest in Canada after they got a full time judge (as shown in the number of ceremonies throughout the day and everyday!)

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Scarbourough has only part time judges and they are not available most of the time so it is crazily slow. Missisauga used to be in same situation but they become one of the fastest in Canada after they got a full time judge (as shown in the number of ceremonies throughout the day and everyday!)
Source of this information ? It's strange that they won't allocate a full time judge to such a busy location like Scarborough.

kw05

Feb 2, 2018
How long does it usually take for the status to change from In Process to Decision Made after the test is given. I gave my test on 19th Jan 2018 at Scarborough I was told i passed but my status online still says In Process and it has not changed since I got the invite for the test.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
How long does it usually take for the status to change from In Process to Decision Made after the test is given. I gave my test on 19th Jan 2018 at Scarborough I was told i passed but my status online still says In Process and it has not changed since I got the invite for the test.
Your background checks are likely still in progress. No one can say how long it would take because it depends from person to person. Even if it changes to DM, it's a long wait to Oath at Scarborough. People who got DM in November don't have an oath date yet.

Dreamland_2012

Feb 4, 2018
Hi All,

I was wondering if any one of you has taken the Citizenship test on 24th Jan in Hamilton ? I have been waiting since and there are no updates regarding the oath date , not sure if they will send it via e-mail or mail ?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi All,

I was wondering if any one of you has taken the Citizenship test on 24th Jan in Hamilton ? I have been waiting since and there are no updates regarding the oath date , not sure if they will send it via e-mail or mail ?
Did you even receive Decision Made as yet? First you get DM after all background check is done and after that You get Oath Invite when ever they have a date for you it could take weeks or months depending on the Office good luck.

Dreamland_2012

Feb 4, 2018
Did you even receive Decision Made as yet? First you get DM after all background check is done and after that You get Oath Invite when ever they have a date for you it could take weeks or months depending on the Office good luck.
Spicesland , Thanks for your reply , still I did not receive a decision made yet , by background check do you mean fingerprints request ? ...I hope will get a decision made soon.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Spicesland , Thanks for your reply , still I did not receive a decision made yet , by background check do you mean fingerprints request ? ...I hope will get a decision made soon.
No it’s not fingerprints I think it’s to verified all your information about you.