File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Matar said:
its mentiomed that

If you will arrive on a flight, remain in the arrival lounge of the airport without passing through immigration control, and then depart on another flight from the same airport, you do not need a UK visa. This is called 'transiting airside'.

so plz check again ..
For Jordanian passports yes up to 24 hours
Chinese, pakistan etc No

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Hi,

It better to obtain visa to avoid any surprise suitation. However, on their website they have clearly given an option as below & at the time of transit officer will access our documentation if he/she found any weak points he will off-load the passenger(s), I know one pakistani friend who resides in riyadh, travel from Riyadh to London and London to Toronto and he won't faced any issues during transit. Rest all of the best!

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

You must arrive and depart by air;
Your onward flight must be confirmed,
You must depart within 24 hours;
You have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

Additionally, you must hold:

1) A valid entry visa for Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
8) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam

van100 said:
Chinese, pakistan etc No

watchamacall8

Feb 23, 2013
Dear Kababayans,

In preparing for FSW documents, do i still need to provide additional supporting documents like copies of work contracts and pay stubs despite satisfying all information (specific period, positions, main responsibilities, total salary plus benefits and total no. of hours) that must be included in the letters of reference? I do not have any single pay stubs and i only got the latest work contract and can't obtain the previous 3 work contracts?

Thanks...

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
watchamacall8 said:
Dear Kababayans,

In preparing for FSW documents, do i still need to provide additional supporting documents like copies of work contracts and pay stubs despite satisfying all information (specific period, positions, main responsibilities, total salary plus benefits and total no. of hours) that must be included in the letters of reference? I do not have any single pay stubs and i only got the latest work contract and can't obtain the previous 3 work contracts?

Thanks...
As for me, I provided reference letters and certificate of employment

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ali.naeem said:
Hi Ali Naeem,

It better to obtain visa to avoid any surprise suitation. However, on their website they have clearly given an option as below & at the time of transit officer will access our documentation if he/she found any weak points he will off-load the passenger(s), I know one pakistani friend who resides in riyadh, travel from Riyadh to London and London to Toronto and he won't faced any issues during transit. Rest all of the best!

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

You must arrive and depart by air;
Your onward flight must be confirmed,
You must depart within 24 hours;
You have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

1) A valid entry visa for Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
8) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam
van100 said:
Chinese, pakistan etc No
Hi, I have a Pakistani Passport, and I travelled to Canada not more than a month ago Via London Heathrow
No visa was required, neither asked, I believe the rule is if you have PR for Canada or US you do not need
a transit visa, provided you are not leaving the airport

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

"

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

"'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or............."

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

BR

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Visa issued today

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012

shahzad395

Jan 29, 2012
Muscat Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2011
Doc's Request.
17-08-2012 & 2-10-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
23-01-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2013, DM on Ecas 23-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2013, received on 04-09-2013
LANDED..........
26th Sept. 2013
Hi Forum Members,
Should we need to send English translated copy of Saudi PCC or original wil be enough ?

watchamacall8

Feb 23, 2013
asifmehmood said:
Visa issued today
Congratulations...

Sir, Do i need to provide pay stubs and work contract If I can provide the detailed letter reference they are asking:
specific period, position, duties and responsibilities, salary and no. of hours worked.

I the phrase "Additional supporting documents may include:" means that it is ok NOT to submit pay stubs and work contract? Because I don't have any pay stubs and i only have the present work contract with me...thank you

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........

ali.naeem

May 19, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for clarifying our doubts.

I am getting fare SAR 2500/- return ticket from riyad to toronto via london, going through Saudi airlines and connected via air canada to toronto, same applies while retruning.

My question is, is it possible such a low fare? my travel agent said that this is offer from Saudi airlines in Q class and air canada in K class. he said I am lucky my travel dates within my vaction dates. Transit time in London 4 - 5 hours each, so what's your suggestion shall I go ahead and purchase the ticket, I need four tickets and these tickets are non-refundable and I cannot change any dates after purchasing the ticket.

Kindly advice, since this is my first travel to Canada.

regards,

ItsBeenLongNow said:
Hi, I have a Pakistani Passport, and I travelled to Canada not more than a month ago Via London Heathrow
No visa was required, neither asked, I believe the rule is if you have PR for Canada or US you do not need
a transit visa, provided you are not leaving the airport

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

"

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

"'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or............."

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Hi Ali,

the tickets fares looks really cheap (assuming its roundtrip tickets), if i was in your shoes i would go ahead and book them...

what are you waiting for!!!:)

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
ali.naeem said:
Hi,

Thanks for clarifying our doubts.

I am getting fare SAR 2500/- return ticket from riyad to toronto via london, going through Saudi airlines and connected via air canada to toronto, same applies while retruning.

My question is, is it possible such a low fare? my travel agent said that this is offer from Saudi airlines in Q class and air canada in K class. he said I am lucky my travel dates within my vaction dates. Transit time in London 4 - 5 hours each, so what's your suggestion shall I go ahead and purchase the ticket, I need four tickets and these tickets are non-refundable and I cannot change any dates after purchasing the ticket.

Kindly advice, since this is my first travel to Canada.

regards,
asa

the tickets are cheap because of the class u got and non refundable status. but the class does not matter,

thanks

atif