+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan Nominee Program - Work Permit Question !!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I am thinking about applying through the Saskatchewan Nominee program under the student category. I have an open work permit expiring july next year. I should apply by August this year though, but what happens if my work permit expires before I get approved for the permanent residence? Will my application be withdrawn?

I am on the post graduate work permit, which is an open work permit. In my offer letter it is mentioned that they will not help me with the LMO.

So, if I become the provincial nominee and my work permit expires what happens next? What are my options?

I have heard once you are nominated you get an application to apply for an open work permit? Is it true and if so for how long?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you have a nomination, you are eligible for an open work permit. The permit will be for 2 years.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

sharuu said:
I am thinking about applying through the Saskatchewan Nominee program under the student category. I have an open work permit expiring july next year. I should apply by August this year though, but what happens if my work permit expires before I get approved for the permanent residence? Will my application be withdrawn?

I am on the post graduate work permit, which is an open work permit. In my offer letter it is mentioned that they will not help me with the LMO.

So, if I become the provincial nominee and my work permit expires what happens next? What are my options?

I have heard once you are nominated you get an application to apply for an open work permit? Is it true and if so for how long?

B

binder

Let's say I do a certificate in BC and apply for a post graduate work permit and I thought of moving to work there and applyfor my PR and how long will it take me to get a PR and how if my work permit expires while waiting for my PNP what can anyone advice me here.

latitudeqd

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Transfered to Ottawa Oct 31,2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2011
AOR Received.
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
31-10-2011
Med's Request
31-10-2011
Med's Done....
Medical done on Nov 8, Ecas updated on Dec 16
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
binder said:
Let's say I do a certificate in BC and apply for a post graduate work permit and I thought of moving to work there and applyfor my PR and how long will it take me to get a PR and how if my work permit expires while waiting for my PNP what can anyone advice me here.
you can renew your work permit without LMO once you provide them the approvement letter from PNP

James11

Dec 11, 2011
Good que Sharuu.

When waiting for PR under SINP, if work permit expires and you don't have permanent job offer letter what to do at that time??

suggest anything except returning to home country :)

re-entry as student permit ? hw is this option?

if you have anything better please suggest

Pratha

Apr 22, 2013
Saskatchewan Nominee Program - Work Permit Question !! (2013)

Hi,
I am a SINP nominee my work-permit expired before my nomination ,so had to apply for a visitor permit to maintain status as suggested by the CIC official. The problem is that work permit application with Sinp nomination letter got rejected by CIC stating that I have to make work permit application outside country for it to be processed(New Delhi) as I have a Visitor status now can some one guide me what to do next. I don't have much time on my Visitor status...Plz Help urgentzz..!!!!