+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Saskatchewan improvements to the SINP on 2014

Jeneel

Dec 30, 2013
Hello Members!

Thanks for sharing your ideas regarding the new SINP rules. It will be helpful to everyone applying for SINP next year.

I want to know if there is any way I can file for SINP next year.

I am on one year post graduation work permit, which is expiring on 3rd July, 2014.
First five months on my work permit I worked with Tim hortons as a customer service representative. I am working with an IT company since November, where my position is service desk technician. It falls under NOC class B. However, as per the new rules SINP rejected my job approval letter for skilled work stating that my salary is under 18$/hr which is the minimum requirement for the skilled work. Hence, they gave me approval letter for Information Clerk position which falls under NOC class C.

SINP office told me that I will have to file under "International Skilled Worker" program which is the only option left for me as my visa is expiring in July. At the same time, they rejected my job approval letter for skilled job which won't qualify me to file for this category either.

I have no idea what to do when my visa expires in July. Any ideas will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeneel

Dec 30, 2013
Hello Members!

Thanks for sharing your ideas regarding the new SINP rules. It will be helpful to everyone applying for SINP next year.

I want to know if there is any way I can file for SINP next year.

I am on one year post graduation work permit, which is expiring on 3rd July, 2014.
First five months on my work permit I worked with Tim hortons as a customer service representative. I am working with an IT company since November, where my position is service desk technician. It falls under NOC class B. However, as per the new rules SINP rejected my job approval letter for skilled work stating that my salary is under 18$/hr which is the minimum requirement for the skilled work. Hence, they gave me approval letter for Information Clerk position which falls under NOC class C.

SINP office told me that I will have to file under "International Skilled Worker" program which is the only option left for me as my visa is expiring in July. At the same time, they rejected my job approval letter for skilled job which won't qualify me to file for this category either.

I have no idea what to do when my visa expires in July. Any ideas will be truly appreciated.

Thanks

mahdina1

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
Hi everybody

in SINP, do u must stay in saskatchewan? how long?
i think it is important subject
tanx

eil.lac

May 11, 2013
Raider said:
"Proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan license from the regulatory body will be required as part of the SINP application."[/font][/color][/color]

To get eligibility for license, It is a long and formal process involving fees and few steps, does it mean we have to go through this to get that proof of eligibility as a part of application. It could mean if SINP application get rejected for any other reason, all the fees and efforts to get that eligibility license will go waste.

Any thoughts guys?
this is also my dilemma, as by the time license from regulatory body is received,the quota of 250 might be reached.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
mahdina1 said:
Hi everybody

in SINP, do u must stay in saskatchewan? how long?
i think it is important subject
tanx
Yes it is important subject !
The answer is that you will be/ are given SINP on the basis of the requirement of the province (Saskatchewan). If you leave Saskatchewan right after getting PR your PR could be revoked also. You can leave province only if you are unable to find a job or if you are unable to settle there and for that you need to provide evidence to SINP office. So far SINP has never taken any strict action on this because they are very busy but they have the power to take action. If in case you are not caught by SINP, down the road when you would apply for your citizenship, you can get caught there. Your citizenship file might end up getting hung. So i would suggest you to be loyal to Saskatchewan if they are giving you an opportunity. Its a different story if you are unable to settle or there are any other strong personal reasons.

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
emamabd said:
Hi there,

Does this program conflict with the FSW? I have a friend who's currently preparing his application for the FSW 2014 new cap (probably will reopen by May 2014) - can he apply for the Saskatchewan "International Skilled Worker Category" and at the same time apply in parallel for the Federal - FSWP (while stating in the FSWP application that he intends to live in Saskatchewan)?
No it should not matter. I have confirmed with the lawyer about this.

You can apply in both the cases, because of the fact that one application is provincial and the other is federal so they don't effect each other. Also note if Approved in FSW you will get PR and if approved by SINP you will get a nomination letter which you will need to apply for Permanent Residence under Economic Class category.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Below are the answers in BLUE

rutvik59 said:
hi guys i have few questions...

1. I am currently studying at Durham College, Ontario. If i apply through this SINP (international graduate category) can i still apply for the (Post graduation work permit) PGWP after the completion of the studies, while the SINP is still under process. because my study permit expires on 31st July 2014.
Following are the steps you will have to follow:

• Apply for PGWP after graduating.

Move to Saskatchewan and start finding a job

Start working in Saskatchewan after the receipt of ur PGWP

Work for atleast 24 consecutive months of paid employment (with a minimum of 3840 hours) in Saskatchewan.

And then apply for SINP.

2. My wife is still in India, so if i apply for both of us under SINP, can she go for the study visa or not?

You can apply for her study VISA while SINP process is going on, but why don't you apply for her open work permit under SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT program. For details check the below link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

3. Can i apply for myself only under SINP or not?

You can apply for yourself, but WHY would you apply for yourself. You have to include your wife in your application if you want her to get PR with you. If you want to bring her earlier than that, apply for a visitor visa for her and once she reaches Canada , apply for her OPEN WORK permit under Spouse Open Work Permit program.

plz help me guys im under great confusion.

can0106

Oct 25, 2013
gst8486 said:
Hi gst8486,
I am new to this forum. Could you please share your views about my queries.

My husband got his nomination today. He applied in June 2013 under skilled worker "B". We are outside Canada right now and wanting to know how my husband could secure the work permit? Can he flag pole in Edmonton Airport using his multiple entry visitor's visa (valid until 2015) along with nomination letter and job offer? Can he get his work permit in the airport? Also can I and our 2 kids could flag pole with him altogether since we have all our multiple entry visitor's visas as well?

Or my husband needs to apply work permit in Canadian embassy outside Canada and wait for months again?

many thanks

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Congratulations for your husband for his success !
Please see the answer in GREEN

can0106 said:
Hi gst8486,
I am new to this forum. Could you please share your views about my queries.

My husband got his nomination today. He applied in June 2013 under skilled worker "B".
We are outside Canada right now and wanting to know how my husband could secure the work permit?
I think you can not apply for Work Permit only on the basis of SINP if you are residing outside Canada, you need to have a job offer from Saskatchewan (and i guess you have that) When i checked the Work Permit Application and if he has a job offer he can apply for work permit under:
Exemption from Labour Market Opinion (Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp)

Can he flag pole in Edmonton Airport using his multiple entry visitor's visa (valid until 2015) along with nomination letter and job offer?
Yes he can Flag Pole/ Report to CBSA (Immigration) in Edmonton BUT only after getting PR, he can not do flag pole with Job Offer and/or Nomination Letter .

Can he get his work permit in the airport? Also can I and our 2 kids could flag pole with him altogether since we have all our multiple entry visitor's visas as well?
NO.............Work Permit can be issued by the CIC office serving your region/ country.
As i mentioned earlier you guys can visit but you can not FLag Pole or i should say you are not required to flag pole till you all get PR.

Or my husband needs to apply work permit in Canadian embassy outside Canada and wait for months again?
Yes if you guys are thinking of applying for WP, he has to apply outside canada in a CIC office serving your region.

many thanks
I hope i was able to help you

can0106

Oct 25, 2013
gst8486 said:
Hi,
thanks for the quick response.

Yes my husband has an approved job offer from the employer apart from the nomination letter from SINP.

Ok, will then apply for the work permit in our country.

thank you again and hoping other people waiting for nomination will get their turn in the future. :D

now our waiting countdown will start again when we apply for the work permit... but at least we finished the 1st stage... on for the 2nd stage and final part is the PR application. ;)