+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAPARATED from HUSBAND applying for PR?

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
I was separated from my husband,but our marriage in my country PHILIPPINES is not yet annuled.The process in the Philippines takes a really long time. Unlike Divorce.But unfortunately we dont have divorce there. I'm going to apply for my Permanent Residence next year,I would like to know if what status do i need to put in my application? Is there any chances that i can cancell my marriage in the Philippines?As soon as Possible.There is one problem too,my husband doesn't want to show up..to sign for any papers.He really doesn't want to let me go..Is there any not so expensive attorney for Divorce here.Please HELP ME?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

solanah said:
I was separated from my husband,but our marriage in my country PHILIPPINES is not yet annuled.The process in the Philippines takes a really long time. Unlike Divorce.But unfortunately we dont have divorce there. I'm going to apply for my Permanent Residence next year,I would like to know if what status do i need to put in my application? Is there any chances that i can cancell my marriage in the Philippines?As soon as Possible.There is one problem too,my husband doesn't want to show up..to sign for any papers.He really doesn't want to let me go..Is there any not so expensive attorney for Divorce here.Please HELP ME?
Since it appears you are not resident in Canada for 1 year, you cannot apply for a divorce in Canada. Put your status down as separated, and that your spouse will not accompany. No other choice.

PMM

rameshcs8

Apr 1, 2008
Hi!
You have not told where you are at present (Canada or Philippines), are you staying alone and do you have any childern out of him?
Ramesh

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
I'm in Canada right now..we have a daughter.But she's in my full custody,because my daughter is illegitimate in her birth certificate..i just put it that way before.Because me and my husband are separated and not yet married when i gave birth to my daughter. We just get married before for formality but from the start we're not living together..very complicated situation.Now we're completely separated..