+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SAP jobs for Temporary Foreign Worker Visa

mihailo

Nov 26, 2012
Hello all,
my name is Mihailo, I'm a SAP professional from Serbia (SAP internal consultant for MM/WM/SD/LES with knowledge of ABAP, SAP module integration etc.) and I am willing to move to Canada.
I have 3 more family members (my wife and two kids - 5 and 1 y.o.), all four of us would like to reallocate together if I find a proper job for my experience. I'm sure my wife can find a good job too as she is very intelligent and diligent, fluent in English (works as export manager).

I can see that there is a lot of need for SAP professionals in USA and Europe, but what about Canada, what are the chances of finding a job remotely in my area of expertise?

What is the right approach in finding a job in Canada and being granted a Temporary Foreign Work Visa?
I read it is very hard finding a job if located outside Canada, is that true?

How to find employers willing to accept foreign workers (my profession/experience is somewhat rare and I think it might be possible to apply for this type of visa and it would be granted if I could find employer that would accept to give me a chance to explain all my skills/experience)?

Thank you all for construtive replies!

Maple Leaf SAP

Dec 10, 2012
Hi Mihailo,

With your skillset it would not be very difficult for you to land your first job. When I arrived in Canada a couple of years ago, I had a similar profile and got a SAP job within weeks. It really depends where you want to settle - Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver would be your best guess, Montreal if you have some French language skills. However, I was on site in Canada which made it much easier to make the necessary contacts to find the first gig.

Finding a SAP job from outside Canada is not easy, only very few companies will be open to source people in this way. You can give it a shot with big, international companies - in consulting it will be a little bit easier. Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, you name it. These folks are also more at ease with the visa process.

Your other option would be to start your own immigration process and apply for permanent residency through the Federal Skilled Worker program which is expected to open up again in 2013.

Good luck

mapleleafSAP.com

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
I am a SAP ABAP Consultant and currently here in Montreal looking for a job. I have the proper eligibility and would like to know about the current market here. Thank you :D

Maple Leaf SAP

Dec 10, 2012
Hi iamelle,

The ABAP market in Montreal is rather calm these days but there are one or two requirements out there. I recently saw a job posting from the Createch Group for an ABAP developer.
For further details on the situation, check out our latest job market analysis of July 2014 at mapleleafsap.com.

Thanks
Bernhard
mapleleafsap.com