+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sample vof aeo letter

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An LMO is needed to apply for a temporary work permit. To get an LMO, the employer has to advertise the job to prove there are no Canadians available for it. I've heard it takes 6 weeks after the advertising of 2-3 weeks is already done.

An AEO is needed to apply for immigration as a skilled worker from outside Canada or you could also use it to apply for immigration under a provincial nominee program. To get an AEO, no advertising is required. It is generally easier to get an AEO than to get an LMO. Many employers who have been denied LMO for a worker have been granted the AEO.

Either an LMO or AEO will work for you. If you get the LMO, you would apply for a work permit, go to Canada and work and apply for your PR later.

If you get the AEO, you apply for your PR directly and once you get it, you can come to Canada and work anywhere, not just your relatives.

nas278

Sep 29, 2009
If you go to HRSDC website and search for your NOC it shows all the duties that person should perform in order to qualify. Just go there and create employment offer letter according to that and your employer can use same duties on filling out AEO application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The employer can apply for an AEO or LMO, not both. AEO means you apply directly for permanent residency - but you cannot work before you get it. LMO is if you want to come on a Temporary Work Permit. Your employer has to chose - they cannot do both. AEO is faster for PR; LMO is faster into Canada, but it is not PR.

If you come on a Temporary work permit, you can still apply for PR under the arranged employment category if your employer is willing to write a job offer stating that your position will be permanent if you you get PR. But this does not go through HRSDC...

preety

Sep 27, 2009
OK. it means that my employer has to just file the papers to hrsdc for AEO without any advertisement.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It means you do not get an AEO from HRSDC if you come as a temporary foreign worker.

If you want to apply directly for PR, then you DO have to get the AEO from HRSDC.

preety

Sep 27, 2009
Thanks, i want to get the PR. in this regard i want my employer to send me the AEO.4 AEO he has to just file the papers directly to HRSDC without giving any advertisement in newspaper.am i right? before filing papers can he send me the job offer letter before hand or that letter also comes from Hrsdc.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
preety said:
What is PM and where is PMM's inbox?
Hi, I hope u must be clear abt your particular issue by now.
PMM , is the most knowledgeable member of this forum,I would rather call him as an "authority on immigration issues" and "PM" means "personal Message box,which s the email inbox issued to every member of this forum.Just go to the most top portion of this page, where u ll see a "button" with the name of "members",click it n type"PMM" in the search box n u ll be able to send him a personal message.
Hope it helps.
Good luck

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
preety said:
Thanks, i want to get the PR. in this regard i want my employer to send me the AEO.4 AEO he has to just file the papers directly to HRSDC without giving any advertisement in newspaper.am i right? before filing papers can he send me the job offer letter before hand or that letter also comes from Hrsdc.
You are absolutely right.The employer can send u the letter before or after the approval of HRSDC,it does not make any difference.But actually u ll receive two letters.
1)by your employer,on his company letter head as a proof of your job offer signed by the employer/personnel officer etc(it ll not be approved/signed by HRSDC)
2)An official letter of approval from HRSDC,stating your name,job title ,salary etc. ,which will be send to your employer directly by HRSDC n then your employer will forward you this letter,alongwith his own letter of job offer on his company letter head.
NOTE:The letter send by HRSDC to ur employer consists of 2 pages.

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Hi Leon - on a similar topic - I have applied for the FSW1 and got the 120 day email from CIC. Am in the process of submitting the complete dox to my local CHC - but this CHC is one of the slowest in the world - and im looking at a 1 yr wait - by whih time i fear i may go old and grey !

Is there a way that my application can be expedited ? My bro is on a work permit and his company is willing to give me a job offer.

My question is does this speed things up ? or do i still have to go thru the whole rigmarole and waiting at the CHC in my country ?

Tx in advance

preety

Sep 27, 2009
thanx alot. i ll tell the employer 2 send me the offer letter and submit rest of documents in HRSDC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
once again, NO, the position does not need to be advertised for the AEO.

Your employer has to write you the job offer (and it has to meet all the requirements in the instructions). They submit a copy of this to HRSDC along with the application and other supporting documents. If it is approved, HRSDC will send the AEO letter to your employer. You have to get a copy of this to submit with your PR application.

It's not just a simple matter of filling out a form. The employer and job offer have to meet a lot of requirements. And you still have to meet all the requirements of the the FSW program...