+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample of Application Package

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all, sorry for posting so many questions.

Does anyone have any examples of how they put together their package? I'm feeling so overwhelmed and confused about how to "assemble" it.

Also, is it okay to answer some questions (the ones that want a detailed answer) on a separate piece of paper? I assume cover letters are a good idea as well.

I'm starting to get confused about how to assemble all supporting documents without it being a huge mess!

Thank God for this forum. We almost hired a lawyer.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

Does anyone have any examples of how they put together their package? I'm feeling so overwhelmed and confused about how to "assemble" it.

Also, is it okay to answer some questions (the ones that want a detailed answer) on a separate piece of paper? I assume cover letters are a good idea as well.

I'm starting to get confused about how to assemble all supporting documents without it being a huge mess!

Just follow the order in the checklist and you should be fine. It's perfectly fine to also add additional pages if the space provided on the form isn't enough. Make sure you type out the name of the form and the question number on the additional sheet.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

Definitely do not require to hire a lawyer, complete waste of money. You will find all your answers here. Don't worry.

Reactions: Ksavier

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018

I am about to send mine (waiting on partners NOA) and I am just following the checklist order for it all and it will be sent in one pile. I am also including some minimal additional evidence and for this I will be doing a contents page.

Don't use staples or plastic folders or binders. Paperclips are ok.

With the questions that have needed explaining on a separate sheet I have just included a sheet with PA and sponsor name, the form it relates to and the question number it relates at the top then the extra info.

No lawyer needed, this forum will be a great help to you if needed.

jugni88

Jul 20, 2017
Hi all
I'm gathering all my documents for my spouse's sponsorship who is India, however the proof of shared expenses is confusing because I got married last year and came back after two months and we hardly share any expenses.
Can I submit the payment of my airline ticket a done by my husband. Please help I'm so confused.
Also, he was on work permit in Sweden for 6 years but this year his visa got refused and we applied for visitor visa in Canada and that got refused too. Does that impose difficulty when I file his sponsorship application???

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I am about to send mine (waiting on partners NOA) and I am just following the checklist order for it all and it will be sent in one pile. I am also including some minimal additional evidence and for this I will be doing a contents page.

Don't use staples or plastic folders or binders. Paperclips are ok.

With the questions that have needed explaining on a separate sheet I have just included a sheet with PA and sponsor name, the form it relates to and the question number it relates at the top then the extra info.

No lawyer needed, this forum will be a great help to you if needed.

Hello, I am assembling my application at the moment.... You said no staples - even for pages of the same form? Is that a requirement from CIC? because I think it things might get mixed up and it wil be hard for the visa officer to find them back in order.
Thank you!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I am assembling my application at the moment.... You said no staples - even for pages of the same form? Is that a requirement from CIC? because I think it things might get mixed up and it wil be hard for the visa officer to find them back in order.
Thank you!
you can use paper clips. But do not staple them together. They will scan all pages in the system and having them stapled will make the scanning much harder.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
you can use paper clips. But do not staple them together. They will scan all pages in the system and having them stapled will make the scanning much harder.
I see! Now I will take all the staples out... :)
What about the big clip that can hold a thick pile of papers together? e.g for all my bank statements for 3 years. Would it be ok or no?
Thank you for your time!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I see! Now I will take all the staples out... :)
What about the big clip that can hold a thick pile of papers together? e.g for all my bank statements for 3 years. Would it be ok or no?
Thank you for your time!
It's fine to use clips. However, you should definitely not be sending 3 years of bank statements. Serious overkill.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
It's fine to use clips. However, you should definitely not be sending 3 years of bank statements. Serious overkill.
Oh really? Shoot, I printed all of the bank statements I have, good thing I haven't sent them out yet.

So, how many statements should I send in? Should I select some from this year, some from that year? I read in one of the threads here with somebody said it has to be at least 1 year of cohabitation - I'm totally confused.

Thank you!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Oh really? Shoot, I printed all of the bank statements I have, good thing I haven't sent them out yet.

So, how many statements should I send in? Should I select some from this year, some from that year? I read in one of the threads here with somebody said it has to be at least 1 year of cohabitation - I'm totally confused.

Thank you!
Follow the checklist and certainly do not send three years of statements. Send one from jan/June/dec.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you!
One from every 3-4 months and only the front page showing your information.