+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same old story - Medical and Police Certificate Expires!!

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Hello All,

I don't really have a specific question, would just like to vent a little and perhaps have others in similar situations vent a little too!

I have posted my timeline elsewhere (Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouse) - Outside Canada). We applied in January of 2008!

At the end of December 2008- I received a letter from Mississauga asking for Permanent Residence Fee ($490). On the CIC website, in a chart detailing the process, they indicate that the Fee is requested once the application has been approved. Therefore, naturally, myself, my husband and all of our family and friends were very excited that we had come to this step.

Our MPs office contacted Immigration and was advised that the office in Jamaica was in the process of writing or has already sent a letter asking my husband to bring in his passport and immediately be issued a visa to come to Canada!!

Just this morning my husband got mail from the High Commission in Jamaica and NOPE - not a letter asking his to bring in his passport, but a letter and forms for him to repeat his Police Check and Medicals for himself and his daughter (who will not be accompanying his to Canada). Who knows how much longer this will take now! Talk about putting a life/lives on hold.

TALK ABOUT A PUNCH IN THE GUT!!

What is going to be done about this system?? Our application was very well assembled and with no red flags (as per Immigration). Then why do straightforward and honest applications push the timeline given my Immigration Canada.

MAJOR IMMIGRATION REFORM is needed!!

ARGH!

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
hah
listen if ur husbands medical is expired(1 year) it is a must for him to re-do his medicals and after that he will get the visa,trust what ur MP told u, they cant lie or hide information from ur MP since u have signed an authorization form for him\her.

uve waited for a year or more,a month or two is no big deal..

relax,sit back and plan for a party as ur husband will come soon.

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
Hi Frustrated Canadian, it is a case of grumbling that you've got no shoes until you see someone without feet. Applied June 2001. AOR Dec. 2005. Letter to update docs in 2006 and again 2008, Medicals 2008 and still pending.I have migrated to two different countries since then and have almost forgotten the application.Was single when I applied but have married and have three kids since then. Maybe it will go through when I am retiring.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Hi frustrated,
I hope u holding on well..lol....U may think Kingston is the worst until u have anything to do with accra ghana(using small letters so they will know how disgusted I AM).
Be happy that they have even dare send u a letter asking your husband to renew his expired police certificate n medicals.
Just to day i got an email from my wife MP sayin that our Application is still in queue for interview at accra ghana office(it was one year since january 15 2009)and its only God in heaven that can tell tell when the interview will take place( I dont know and cant tell what they wanna interview me for...maybe how im planning to impregnate my wife...lol.
All I can say is: be happy for every little step they make forward...this is the most agonising adventure I have ever got myself involve since my mother gave birth to me.

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
Hi rupeshhari. Thanks indeed. I think its a mixture of both. I think they mixed up my application with my inlaws own as they were sent at the same time and envelop.They realised but instead of apologising they keep trying to sweep it under the carpet. When they started, the emails they sent never got to me but they assume and also believe I received the emails. Also I had a very queer officer handle my case at some point. Its no longer interesting as I have done well over the years.Wishing everyone the very best.