+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Same-Day Visa

salbenz17

Jun 3, 2009
I am interested in getting a same day visa extension for my student visa/TRV. I intend on visiting my Uncle in Chicago and Detroit is right in my way so this is my question regarding what I saw on the CIC website info for DETROIT.

"Comments: Same-day service for in person visitor visa applications from 8:30 to 11:00, Monday to Friday. The office is closed between 12:00 and 13:00."

Is the TRV classified as a 'visitor visa' for students as well?

Benzema

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
salbenz17 said:
I am interested in getting a same day visa extension for my student visa/TRV. I intend on visiting my Uncle in Chicago and Detroit is right in my way so this is my question regarding what I saw on the CIC website info for DETROIT.

"Comments: Same-day service for in person visitor visa applications from 8:30 to 11:00, Monday to Friday. The office is closed between 12:00 and 13:00."

Is the TRV classified as a 'visitor visa' for students as well?

Benzema
TRV - Temporary Resident Visa

Visitor, Student and Work Visas

salbenz17

Jun 3, 2009
I've just read this on their website. Citizens of the following countries are subject to a mandatory wait period. The usual wait period is 10 working days (not including US and Canadian statutory holidays) but may be longer depending on the case. I am a citizen of one of those countries.

Does this information apply to new TRV applicants or does this apply to students who have been residing solely in Canada for the past few years as well? My intention is to get a same day visa done? Is the above situation applicable to this? A call to CIC said that most information is generic which is why I'm here asking.

What do they do in this 10 day mandatory waiting period anyways?

Benz