Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
For those that received their SA and reside in the Province of Quebec... I called CIC last Thursday about my status I am at 83 days since application received by CIC... they told me I was approved and a letter was sent last Wednesday the 26th, this is the 1st September and still no letter in the mail it should not take more than 5 working days Ontario to Montreal...

Did CIC send the letter to MICC than MICC will send something to me or CIC is sending directly to me?

Can you share your experience my timeline was around 56-57 days all summer long... did you guys had to wait another +25 days to get your letter so you can go on with Quebec...

I heard it takes around 5 weeks for CSQ nowdays this is ridiculous the extra time I am wasting just to receive my letter plus CSQ processing time... at least other provinces they might be slow to update Ecas but they still send your application to the VO so there is no waste of time... they should add on their website a timeline for Quebec and another for other provinces

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
I got my SA on 13 July, which I learned only by calling. However at the time of first call (July 19) I haven't received any letter from CIC. My husband (sponsor) called them next day and the first agent told him, that he should wait for the letter in his mailbox for 1 month (doesn't matter that we indicated email as preferred contact). So he hang up and called again, and this time the agent was nicer, so he was able to explain, that we need the letter to apply for CSQ, the lady checked something and it appeared that they actually never sent any letter. So she put a note on our case and over a weekend we received our SA approval in email.
We mailed our documents to Quebec on July 21 and so far we still didn't receive anything at all. We called last Wednesday and were told that they started processing us on July 27 and that "it take 25 business day to process". Last Friday was 25th day, so it's already has been 7+ weeks since the package was delivered....Frustrated.

I suggest you to call CIC and insist that you need a letter because you need apply for CSQ. If it s not working with the first answering agent, call again. Good luck!

PS. BY the way, I received AOR from my VO pretty much a week after SA. So at least dont worry about that part, CIC won't wait until u get approved in Quebec, they will send you documents straight away to the VO.

granol

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
Thank you I see that it seems to be normal that between CIC made their decision sending the letter takes forever... Wish you an answer from Quebec soon

granol

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
I just called CIC and like you said the agent said it's normal I didn't receive the letter yet they sent it on the 26th of August but the guy said we had to wait 4 weeks... I asked him why? he said it was somekind of process that he could not really explain... I was like you are serious I am already at 84 days I need the letter to go on with Quebec which will take a good 4-5 weeks and you are telling me I need to wait 4 more weeks just to receive the letter I should have get like 3 weeks ago...

They are killing me already I can't even get through first step in a reasonable amount of time

I will call again tomorrow and I might have a better agent but I don't understand why saying you have to wait 4 weeks and why he is telling me it is part of the process but he couldn't explain it

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
Did you provide an email address on your application? If so, your sponsor (your spouse) should have received an email with the letter attached. You must print and use this letter, no letter will be physically mailed to you.

The only mailed correspondence you will get in relation to this application if you selected email as your preferred contact will be the COPR paper you receive at the end of the process that you use for landing.

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
granol said:
They are killing me already I can't even get through first step in a reasonable amount of time
Also, you are already finished with the first step. Congratulations! Your file has been forwarded for processing, and your second waiting period is ticking away. You will need to get the CSQ to them in order to finish it, but they are already "processing" your file. You will likely get a request for the CSQ in a few weeks, if you haven't already updated them with it.

Also, last I checked with MIDI the CSQ was approximately 25 working days, and has likely decreased since.

granol

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
deweysmith said:
Did you provide an email address on your application? If so, your sponsor (your spouse) should have received an email with the letter attached. You must print and use this letter, no letter will be physically mailed to you.

The only mailed correspondence you will get in relation to this application if you selected email as your preferred contact will be the COPR paper you receive at the end of the process that you use for landing.
Well actually I am the sponsor and I did put my e-mail so did my spouse... they sent me AOR first to it... When I called last week they said a letter was sent the 26th of August and I asked the agent did you send it by regular mail like Post Canada? and the guy said yes so I replied finally with this letter I will be able to apply for CSQ...

But since yesterday it's been a week and according to Post Canada it takes 2 to 4 working days to receive mail from Ontario so that's why I called again yesterday (after a week) but this agent was stuck with the idea that it's normal that I should wait 4 weeks to receive it but I tried to convince him I needed the letter to go on with Quebec so I insisted on having it by e-mail but he said that he couldn't and whatever I tried he was bringing me back to this 4 weeks waiting period thing which was annoying but like every Call Centers they have their automatic reply phrases because they can't tell specific or say yes and no...

So from my experience reading on forums the majority of people seemed to receive their confirmation letter my regular mail and just a little minority by e-mail which is unfortunate.

But if you are telling me it doesn't slow our application down in Warsaw then I guess CSQ (Quebec) is not as much a priority as I thought.

I always thought that CIC had to wait for Quebec's answer before sending our application to our VO which it's why my patience was getting short.

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
granol said:
Well actually I am the sponsor and I did put my e-mail so did my spouse... they sent me AOR first to it... When I called last week they said a letter was sent the 26th of August and I asked the agent did you send it by regular mail like Post Canada? and the guy said yes so I replied finally with this letter I will be able to apply for CSQ...
The AOR email you received should have a PDF attachment. This is the letter you need to apply for your CSQ, it is an official immigration document.

I am almost certain that the agent cannot tell (at least not without a fair amount of digging) how the letter was sent to you, since, from looking at my case notes, it only mentions that correspondence was sent.

Check your emails again.

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
deweysmith said:
The AOR email you received should have a PDF attachment. This is the letter you need to apply for your CSQ, it is an official immigration document.

I am almost certain that the agent cannot tell (at least not without a fair amount of digging) how the letter was sent to you, since, from looking at my case notes, it only mentions that correspondence was sent.

Check your emails again.
You are wrong, AOR letter has nothing to do with Sponsor Approval letter. It's two different emails!
Despite the fact that my husband indicated his email in the application forms, we were in the same situation as Granol. The first agent told us the same. That the letter was mailed to us and we should wait one month. When my husband asked him, why the letter was mailed if we requested email correspondence, the agent answered that it didn't really matter, what we requested. For me it's still the mystery, what he meant.

However, Granol, like I mentioned already in my previous message, I suggest you to keep calling. Perhaps you finally will reach a nice agent, who will be able to leave a note in your file for email request. It's possible! Good luck!

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
In my case, my wife called the call centre 3 times in a row.
The first two agents, acted like "canadians" and did nothing, with no reasonable explanation, just like they did to you.
The third one simply asked her informations and said "oh, ok! I putted a request for them to send an e-mail with the SA", confirmed the e-mail address and 2 hours later there it was.
It depends on the agent who pick up the phone, really.
Btw, after decision made, it took 2 days for me to receive the e-mail.
At the time, there was a delay of 8-12 days between DM and receiving e-mails and 12-18 days for regular mail.

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
DanSlh said:
In my case, my wife called the call centre 3 times in a row.
The first two agents, acted like "canadians" and did nothing, with no reasonable explanation, just like they did to you.
The third one simply asked her informations and said "oh, ok! I putted a request for them to send an e-mail with the SA", confirmed the e-mail address and 2 hours later there it was.
It depends on the agent who pick up the phone, really.
Btw, after decision made, it took 2 days for me to receive the e-mail.
At the time, there was a delay of 8-12 days between DM and receiving e-mails and 12-18 days for regular mail.
Totally agree!!

Btw, my husband just texted me that we received CSQ! Basically it took 44 calendar days to get it done.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Inpasarable said:
Totally agree!!

Btw, my husband just texted me that we received CSQ! Basically it took 44 calendar days to get it done.
That's great!
Congrats!
My CSQ took exactly five weeks, 25 bussiness days.
Not a day more, not a day less. :D

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
Oh, sorry. Long day yesterday, I misread AOR as SA. I stand corrected.

Dan is right, it totally depends on the agent. Some are totally unwilling to open files at all, unless you tell them it's been more than the processing time. Others are more willing to look into stuff that seems weird.