+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rupesh please help

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
hi rupesh , i got my reply from ciu sydney and they forward my case to canada embassy in jamaica. thing is they ask us to send teh forms again. should we send the xerox copy of forms or fill up the new form.
also i dont have my contract letter , but i got the experience letters from my previous employer. will that do?
i am in current job for almost 5 years now, what do u think they will stress more on current job or they will do complete back ground check of all teh jobs.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
hey chefumang
I sent in an original (with some updates) and a photocopy of the old one (sent to Sydney, NS) and i clearly marked which is which.
Well, if you dont have a contract letter, you can't do anything else. They might ask you for more proof.
They will do the check on every job that you claim points for (as long as you need the points).

Thats my understanding anyway.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Oh please no why would you send copies.

Ok I think you do not understand the process dear,

When sending aplication to Sydney always make two copies of the forms you will send, you have to keep one set of original ones to send to CIC later.
Now since I am guessing you did not save a copy of all those forms, you will have to type them again and make sure no discrepancies are there.
You do not need to send them copies of what you sent to Sydney. This will confuse them, that is why in the beginning print two copies.

For all, please read below:

Send the following:

the of application forms,
a photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page, (principal applicant only)
2 self-addressed mailing labels one in English or French and the second in the official language of your country, and
the payment.

Note: Do not send other supporting documents. Wait until you receive correspondence from the Central Intake Unit at CPC-Sydney.

You must keep a copy of the forms before sending them to the CIU.

source http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp

Category 1 applicants send application to:-

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Unit
P.O. BOX 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

Courier Address:

Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Unit
196 George Street
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada

Source:-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG76.asp#mail_where

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
When the guide says "You must keep a copy of the forms before sending them to the CIU." it doen't mean you have to fill up 2 forms exactly the same and submit 1 and keep 1. what i did was fill up the forms ( by hand, because the boxes are too small for some answers ) and phocopied everything before signing it.

the photocopy looks exactly the same as the original, and i avoid making any discrepancy in filling up 2 forms. only the signatures and original in both.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chefumfang,

just out of curiosity, why are you so worried about the contract letter of your previous employer when you have 5 Years experience in your present employment (ALL U NEED IS 4 YEARS/(+) EXPERIENCE ANYWAY TO GET THE MAX. 21 POINTS). Again, You must have been paid for the job you did while employed by your employer that has gone burst. Use the pay stubs to prove this . (If it was not cash). You can also get what u call a (P60, P45 here in the UK) from your tax office, or am I missing something.

Another way to prove that the company went burst is to go to "company houses" of your country and for a small fee you can get the year the company started trading and the year the company ceased etc If you have pay stubs from the company check for company data on them.

Disclaimer:
I am not an Immigration Expert nor a Legal Advisor. These are my personal views.