+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ worries

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Hi I got my pr on 2004 jan. Applied for my citizenship 2015 jan
since I came to canada I never left. Iam kind of worried about the RQ. Will they ask me to send one also.
one also.

send- jan-17
Received-JAN-23
AOR-mar-3
:( :( :( :( :(

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
vathan said:
since I came to canada I never left. Iam kind of worried about the RQ. Will they ask me to send one also.
one also.

Who knows? Not anyone here for sure.

Despite the number of RQ'd applicants seen in the forums, relatively few applicants get RQ (less than one in five, probably less than one six, and these days perhaps even less than one in eight).

Getting RQ is not, however, a matter of luck, probabilities, or percentages. CIC screens applications for certain risk indicators suggesting (from CIC's perspective) there is a reason-to-question-residency. Applicants whose circumstances fall within the scope of CIC's triage criteria will be issued RQ.

We do not know the precise criteria employed, but I doubt that never leaving Canada is a specific factor which will trigger RQ. I say this even though a declaration of never having left Canada at all might arouse a bit of a question (depending on the individual, never leaving Canada might make total sense, but for someone from the U.S. or the UK or such, for example, never leaving is unlikely enough to invite some questions if not doubt, and in-between it of course ranges).

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I'm from srilanka. dont have family to go back to visit. I have lost them during the war time. so I didn't have the reason to leave anywhere. iam living by my self. now want to have family so want to fly back home to get marry. thank you for you time

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vathan said:
I'm from srilanka. dont have family to go back to visit. I have lost them during the war time. so I didn't have the reason to leave anywhere. iam living by my self. now want to have family so want to fly back home to get marry. thank you for you time
I'm sorry to hear about your family.

I want to mention that if you came here as a refugee, you absolutely need to wait until you become a citizen before you go back to the country you sought protection from.

Good luck Vathan.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
vathan said:
one also.

send- jan-17
Received-JAN-23
AOR-mar-3
:( :( :( :( :(

Sadly no one knows. There are good amount of people who has never left the country plus work for provincial government which means government pays their salary and they still received RQ.