+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Received before the test all applicants welcome care to share your time lines

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
CIC has a lot of good people who do want to work. But their workforce was slashed dramatically since 2012. The issue is funding, budget and political leadership, not individuals shirking their work.
Eileen, i was so fortunate, someone really answered my phone, but when i asked them a case specific questions it was a very cold answer, without checking anything, about the status, my question for your how long does it take for a background check.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Eileen, i was so fortunate, someone really answered my phone, but when i asked them a case specific questions it was a very cold answer, without checking anything, about the status, my question for your how long does it take for a background check.
Background check.. how long it would take?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Background check.. how long it would take?
There are three background checks. CSIS, RCMP and FOSS (I believe, or CBSA?). The timeframe for a background check varies greatly, especially with the CSIS checks. I seem to remember a mandamus case which hinged on a really long (1-2 year?) CSIS check. Long story short though, I really don't know.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
eileenf said:
There are three background checks. CSIS, RCMP and FOSS (I believe, or CBSA?). The timeframe for a background check varies greatly, especially with the CSIS checks. I seem to remember a mandamus case which hinged on a really long (1-2 year?) CSIS check. Long story short though, I really don't know.
Yup background checks are the longest and therefor adding up to RQ processing timeline. I recall for my immigration the background checks took about 1.5 years.

I agree with the above post, if you ask cic agent a straight question, they basicaly wing you off. one lady acted like a robot soo cold and basically wanted to give answers based on whatever i know and refused to do any work in investigating. I kept calling again and again and finally a nice lady answered and she told me my background checks are done (csis, security, immigration, criminal) they were just waiting on rq to be reviewed. I am really hoping to get a test date atleast by the end of the month.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QAI said:
Yup background checks are the longest and therefor adding up to RQ processing timeline. I recall for my immigration the background checks took about 1.5 years.

I agree with the above post, if you ask cic agent a straight question, they basicaly wing you off. one lady acted like a robot soo cold and basically wanted to give answers based on whatever i know and refused to do any work in investigating. I kept calling again and again and finally a nice lady answered and she told me my background checks are done (csis, security, immigration, criminal) they were just waiting on rq to be reviewed. I am really hoping to get a test date atleast by the end of the month.
As per my last ATIP Record which I have ordered in August-2013
CSIS. Request Security Clearance
FOSS. Follow up Required
Immigration Clearance .. QRC Required
RCMP Clearance. Passed
Criminal Clearance. Passed

This is the information which I have received in August-2013.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I have ordered another ATIP Notes for my citizenship application, and hopefully I will receive most up to date info within next 30 days.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am4u2ster said:
Today I have ordered another ATIP Notes for my citizenship application, and hopefully I will receive most up to date info within next 30 days.
what is Immigration Clearance .. QRC Required?

kawika

Jan 31, 2014
My timeline (US citizen, applying jointly with Thai wife):

Acquired PR: August, 2008
Applied for citizenship: July, 2011
Received RQ: October, 2012
Sent in RQ documents: November, 2012

have heard nothing since then

Kitchener office

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kawika said:
My timeline (US citizen, applying jointly with Thai wife):

Acquired PR: August, 2008
Applied for citizenship: July, 2011
Received RQ: October, 2012
Sent in RQ documents: November, 2012

have heard nothing since then

Kitchener office
You are similar to mine. I got my test done. Why is it taking so long for your file to be processed? Did you order ATIP?