eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
eileenf,

So to use the approach you took in your own case and apply it to my example:

A --> The very detailed documentation on all things Canada-related about the applicant would be for the immediate 4 years preceding application submission. (in my example ---> Sep 30, 2014- Sep 30, 2010)

HOWEVER,

B --------> For only these records you went all the way back to the time of first landing (in my example July 2007)

- - US CBP Records

- - CBSA records

- - Passport copies (all passport held since first landing).

I see how A+B both together should more than easily help them piece together storyline.
Yes. This was my personal solomonic solution, which was suggested to me by a CIC call centre agent who seemed particularly well-informed and sympathetic to the challenges of the RQ. I want to stress to that I am neither a lawyer nor a CIC expert, so I'm not comfortable suggesting that only providing the personal documentation for the relevant 4 year period is the "rule" to follow. This was my decision and my understanding, but RQ recipients need to read and follow the instructions of each question as thoroughly as possible and make their own decisions or else consult with a reputable citizenship lawyer.

I reiterate, that it is important to provide, at the very least, declarations of all absences, addresses, employment, education, business ties, family location and status, property ownership, etc. since your arrival date in Canada.

Also, US CBP records are probably not necessary unless you have or have had citizenship or (possibly) visa status in the USA during your time in Canada.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I called the call centre yesterday and the said it's A. As I couldn't get a copy of the application, rather than doing a massive white out job, I included all trips in a separate doc.

Not sure how it is all going to turn out.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soopergal said:
So I called the call centre yesterday and the said it's A. As I couldn't get a copy of the application, rather than doing a massive white out job, I included all trips in a separate doc.

Not sure how it is all going to turn
you mean B? If not, call again and find out from the rep how long he/she is with CIC?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halloum said:
you mean B? If not, call again and find out from the rep how long he/she is with CIC?
True. It seems... CIC rep you spoke to didn't know about the answer... I will give you my parents example... My parents have been coming to Canada on a visitor visa several times since 2005..... and they have stayed between 2-6 months each time....

In Sept 2012, my parents came on visitor visa... and in Nov. 2012 they received PPR from Seattle office for immigrant visa stamping while they were in Canada as a visitor.... In January 2013, my parents became landed immigrant by crossing over from Canada to USA and coming back to Canada same day to become PR.... In March 2013, my parents went back home to visit for 6 weeks.... and returned in April 2013.....

For my parents, in their future citizenship application or RQ app (God Forbid).. They will write a date of Sept 2012... when you came to Canada to live.... because that is the time they came to Canada and became PR while they were staying in Canada... and January 2013 as PR date... and declaring 6 weeks of abscence from March 2013 to April 2013..... All prior visits from 2005-2011 are irrelevant here... because they came as visitors and left in few months...

In your case, if you became PR in July 2007 and were not living continously in Canada prior to July 2007.. then answer is July 2007 for both date came to Canada to live and date became PR.... And from July 2007 to May 2009 is your absence from Canada....

It is upto you what you want to fill in your RQ.

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
@rajmalhotra7, I was reading your posts in regards to your parents and would really appriciate if you could help me out with a few things:
I sponsor my mom in 2010 ,and right now my mom is in Canada on a super visa with 2 years full stay.My question is can she be in Canada and her pr be granted while she is in Canada,do I have to call CIC and update my mom's mailing address to my address,even though I did not received the approval letter as yet for sponsorship.All I received is the letter saying that they received the application and oline ecas states application received.My mom do not have a us visitor visa I know you mention your parents went to us same day and return to Canada and get their PR,did your parents had a us visa as well.Please let me know the process.Thanks in advance for your help.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Soopergal,

Got confused now..

Are you saying you have to provide EVERYTHING in the RQ with July 2007 as the reference point

OR

Docs /copies etc for last 4 years of application BUT TRAVEL records (passports ) going back further to July 2007 ?

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmandy said:
@ rajmalhotra7, I was reading your posts in regards to your parents and would really appriciate if you could help me out with a few things:
I sponsor my mom in 2010 ,and right now my mom is in Canada on a super visa with 2 years full stay.My question is can she be in Canada and her pr be granted while she is in Canada,

Yes, as long as she continues to extend her stay in Canada if she does not get PR before her current stay of 2 years expires.

do I have to call CIC and update my mom's mailing address to my address,even though I did not received the approval letter as yet for sponsorship.

You can change her home address, if her name appears on e-cas. Otherwise, you do not need to.

All I received is the letter saying that they received the application and oline ecas states application received.My mom do not have a us visitor visa I know you mention your parents went to us same day and return to Canada and get their PR,did your parents had a us visa as well.Please let me know the process.Thanks in advance for your help.

Your mother can become PR by scheduling an appointment in CIC office in your city in Canada. She does not need to leave Canada in order to become PR. Or she can do flagpoling at a US border. My parents have US visa, so we went to Buffalo and returned.

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
@ rajmalhotra7, Thank you so much for your fast reply,

I will make sure she keep extending her stay.

I just looked at e-cas and her mailing address that they have is my address in care of my name is next to my mailing address.Does this mean when they send the sponsorship approval it will come to my address in Canada?

And what about the medical request will they send it to my address and can she go to a doctor in Canada to do the medical when it is requested.

When can my mom schedule an appointment with CIC in my city in Canada. Does she have to wait until medical and everything is done.

I really appriciate your help on this.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmandy said:
@ rajmalhotra7, Thank you so much for your fast reply,

I will make sure she keep extending her stay.

I just looked at e-cas and her mailing address that they have is my address in care of my name is next to my mailing address.Does this mean when they send the sponsorship approval it will come to my address in Canada?

Sponsorship approval will come to your address.. informing you on the decision of your sponsorship you filed in 2010.

And what about the medical request will they send it to my address and can she go to a doctor in Canada to do the medical when it is requested.

After sponsorship approval, you or your mother will get a check list of forms to complete and to provide additional documentation for your mother PR application. After that you (if you become your mother's representative of her PR application) will get medical request and your mother can do medicals in Canada.

When can my mom schedule an appointment with CIC in my city in Canada. Does she have to wait until medical and everything is done.

This is last step after medicals, background check, and passport is stamped with visa and you received it back. In a letter from CIC it'd be written that you can become PR by calling a 800 # and scheduling an appointment. You can join the following topic.. all the folks there are waiting for parents immigration. You can get a lot of help there.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/parents-sponsership-joine-here-t91654.14100.html

I really appriciate your help on this.