+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ or residency questionnaire

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
This is NOT the full blown RQ and that makes a difference.

The CIT 0520 is usually (not always) a good indicator there are no serious concerns, that IRCC is merely doing due diligence and verifying particular information or documents. In contrast to the full blown RQ, CIT 0171, many reports about the CIT 0520 have reported minimal further delays.

The actual timeline, however, will vary and can vary a lot. I do not follow Montreal timelines much, but as I previously noted historically Montreal has been among the most difficult to forecast (and non-routine cases appear to take particularly longer in Montreal).

Just waiting for the oath after a favourable decision has been made seems to sometimes take longer in Montreal.

Nothing to do now but be patient, wait and be patient.
I really really appreciat your reply! Thank you so much!!!2 last questions to you sir and thank again for your time and energy!
1. I have had this abut 1month after I passed the test!
2. There is no mention of that whatsoever on my ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 12, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 7, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 26, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2018 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Yours!

Last edited: