+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ in 2011, file now under review after 3 years

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
BLT said:
These are few things that can make your application being processed forever :
Did you have 1,095 days when you applied?
How did you get your PR? Under refugee or business or Canadian experience or skilled worker? (Refugee who returned to their home country, will have big problem when applying for citizenship, because basically they should be revoked the PR status when they returned. Same thing for getting PR under business, but started to claim social welfare when arrived).
Have you had any problem with police, being charged or being convicted?
Have you ever withdrawn your application before when issued RQ?
Are you applying under a lawyer that is currently being investigated by CIC?
Did you have your original passport when you applied? (Or you lost it and cannot provide photocopy of every page)?
The first one is applicable. I was short of approx. 50 days. I am not sure your assumption is correct as mistakes can happen and this does not mean Forever.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
netb2b said:
The first one is applicable. I was short of approx. 50 days. I am not sure your assumption is correct as mistakes can happen and this does not mean Forever.
If you applied short of 1,095, your file needs to be approved by a judge. Most of the times, your file will sit on the table of Sir/Madam Busy, as this is beyond the control of CIC.
Well, forever doesn't mean never ends, but so far we heard about some people got it in 6 months, etc; But we NEVER heard about judge in Race Mode, always Wet Mode (slow). Sorry to say this, most of the case gone to judge, ended up so long. I hope yours will be finalized soon.
To ease your boring while waiting, put it this way : It tastes the same with PR, it's just a license to vote and Visa-s waiver, everything else is the same.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
netb2b said:
What do you mean???
I am trying to figure out if some applicant's ethnic background has caused unnecessary delays in processing their applications.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
hey not every case needs a hearing with citizenship judge.....but every CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION GOES THROUGH A CITIZENSHIP JUDGES FOR HIM TO SIGN OFF ON THE APPLICATION AND APPROVE......................after that you get the pink letter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USUALLY THE LAW WITHIN CIC its a 'must ' to have a hearing with CJ if you have less than 900 physical days..HOWEVER ITS UP TO THE DISCRETION TO THE OFFICER AS WELL....IF HE DECIDES THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE more than 900 physical days he can still schedule you to see CJ....it's really up to him..but they have to follow some rules anyway........I HOPE he WONT NEED TO SEE YOU AND YOU BE HERE TELLING US YOU WENT TO TAKE THE OATH !!!!!!!

LETS BE POSITIVE !!!!!! AT LEAST I AM BEING IN MY CASE THAT'S ALSO NOT MOVING !!!!!!!!!! ITS IN THE QUEUE TO BE REVIEWED ( RQ ) SITTING THERE FOR 6 MONTHS ... :'(

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
amazing21 said:
hey not every case needs a hearing with citizenship judge.....but every CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION GOES THROUGH A CITIZENSHIP JUDGES FOR HIM TO SIGN OFF ON THE APPLICATION AND APPROVE......................after that you get the pink letter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USUALLY THE LAW WITHIN CIC its a 'must ' to have a hearing with CJ if you have less than 900 physical days..HOWEVER ITS UP TO THE DISCRETION TO THE OFFICER AS WELL....IF HE DECIDES THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE more than 900 physical days he can still schedule you to see CJ....it's really up to him..but they have to follow some rules anyway........I HOPE he WONT NEED TO SEE YOU AND YOU BE HERE TELLING US YOU WENT TO TAKE THE OATH !!!!!!!

LETS BE POSITIVE !!!!!! AT LEAST I AM BEING IN MY CASE THAT'S ALSO NOT MOVING !!!!!!!!!! ITS IN THE QUEUE TO BE REVIEWED ( RQ ) SITTING THERE FOR 6 MONTHS ... :'(
Thanks Amazing21. I was short of few days, 1015 of physical presence days and now waiting for last 36 months (RQ with docs sent September 2011).

As I mentioned earlier, I am not sure but it may be only RCMP clearance that is delaying as earlier was expired in 2012 (as mentioned in ATIP). PS/Judge Decision is also is pending state.

I hope for the best.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
netb2b said:
Thanks Amazing21. I was short of few days, 1015 of physical presence days and now waiting for last 36 months (RQ with docs sent September 2011).

As I mentioned earlier, I am not sure but it may be only RCMP clearance that is delaying as earlier was expired in 2012 (as mentioned in ATIP). PS/Judge Decision is also is pending state.

I hope for the best.
You're past the standard 35 months wait time, right? Did you call them? If so, what did they say?

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Rayan14 said:
You're past the standard 35 months wait time, right? Did you call them? If so, what did they say?
Yes I did called them and they say 36 months in the minimum time. They don't know how much time it will take. I asked then if I can withdraw my application and apply again as I never went outside Canada since 2011, I have my property here, I study and so many other ties but they mentioned that my application might be in final stages and withdrawing at this point is not a good choice.

aarrow

Oct 15, 2014
I am in a similar boat, got RQ in Jan 2011 submitted all my docs same month and still no news ...
Lately when i called cic they have just informed me that the application is in process

Now I have couple of options of which i was thinking
- contact an MP
- get a lawyer
since my processing office is Mississauga, if any one can provide a good Mp and lawyer recommendation, that would be appreciated

Also if any one can suggest is this the best way to go about it now

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
aarrow said:
I am in a similar boat, got RQ in Jan 2011 submitted all my docs same month and still no news ...
Lately when i called cic they have just informed me that the application is in process

Now I have couple of options of which i was thinking
- contact an MP
- get a lawyer
since my processing office is Mississauga, if any one can provide a good Mp and lawyer recommendation, that would be appreciated

Also if any one can suggest is this the best way to go about it now
If you have less than 1095 most likely you will to get a CJ hearing date.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend applied in 2010 got rq in 2011 during interview and get oth invitation end of August 2014.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
My friend applied in 2010 got rq in 2011 during interview and get oth invitation end of August 2014.
If you look at the statistics, the % covers the 80% of processed routine or non routine applications.
The remaining 20% statistics are not provided and get off the chart, thus no one cares for those as they will not affect the figures..

aarrow

Oct 15, 2014
Yes the statistic are right the 20% doesnt have a time line
and my full 1095 days are complete ... what is the best course of action

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
aarrow said:
Yes the statistic are right the 20% doesnt have a time line
and my full 1095 days are complete ... what is the best course of action
Not much other than waiting and hoping that it will happen. Did you request ATIP to see if any action was done on your file?