+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ in 2011, file now under review after 3 years

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
I received RQ in September 2011 and did send RQ with all required documentation. Almost 3 years have passed and I have not received any positive feedback from CIC. Whenever I call, they just say, "wait!". I requested ATIP report last month and received it today. The latest note mention 'File assigned to EB for review (rs)" on August 27, 2014. What does it mean? Does it show that my file is now moving and show any positive sign? Under the FOSS and RCMP clearance section, it says the expiry date of July 2012.

Any idea what does the latest note 'File assigned to EB for review (rs)" mean and should I expect to hear from CIC soon with any good news?

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
wow your process is really taking long..i dont know what that means ..maybe if you call cic and ask them to explain what that means to you .

Why did they ask you RQ ?

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
i have noticed that the older the application process , like from 2013 backwards the worse . They are taking so long. The new ones that were applied in mid 2013 or late 2013 and no RQ problems are being super fast.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks Amazing21. I submitted my citizenship application in January 2011. There was a mistake in the application and the year I mentioned was 2010, instead it should be 2011 when I signed my application. Hence, short for few days and got RQ before the test.

I am afraid I am now waiting for last 36 months now but I would like to verify what's that status update on APIT meant exactly.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
netb2b said:
I received RQ in September 2011 and did send RQ with all required documentation. Almost 3 years have passed and I have not received any positive feedback from CIC. Whenever I call, they just say, "wait!". I requested ATIP report last month and received it today. The latest note mention 'File assigned to EB for review (rs)" on August 27, 2014. What does it mean? Does it show that my file is now moving and show any positive sign? Under the FOSS and RCMP clearance section, it says the expiry date of July 2012.

Any idea what does the latest note 'File assigned to EB for review (rs)" mean and should I expect to hear from CIC soon with any good news?
Hi netb2b,
In order to answer you. Have you ordered your GCMS lately? If yes, Do you see "CONV_ADMIN" What was the last UPDATE DATE? Also, look at your GCMS Do you see "Type: PS/Judge's Decision" or "Type: Judge's Decision"

Please let me know.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Your case under special procedure as you have not completed required
number of days at time of your application you have to depend on judge decision

everything now in the hand of judge he can approve or reject....

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
janoo said:
Your case under special procedure as you have not completed required
number of days at time of your application you have to depend on judge decision

everything now in the hand of judge he can approve or reject....
In my ATIP, I have PS/Judge decision in pending state. Does this mean anything and the update date is still old, 07/2011.

What is that special procedure and how long it will take for a Judge decision to take place. Already waiting for past 3 years.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
netb2b said:
In my ATIP, I have PS/Judge decision in pending state. Does this mean anything and the update date is still old, 07/2011.

What is that special procedure and how long it will take for a Judge decision to take place. Already waiting for past 3 years.
Cases that I read on the forum lead me to speculate that your case is in the final stages and I hope that you will hear that you got approved soon.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
echorael said:
Cases that I read on the forum lead me to speculate that your case is in the final stages and I hope that you will hear that you got approved soon.
What is your responsible office?

janoo

May 16, 2014
in processing time they should call you for interview and at time of judge
hearing you have to give them enough proof of your residency and reason for
number of short if judge willing he can approve your case...

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Echorael - The responsible office is St.Clair.

Janoo - are you sure there will be a Judge interview or most of the cases with status PS/Judge decision can be finalized without it.

My concern is that 36 months waiting time is already over and how much time more it will take.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
I can also see in ATIP, the RCMP and FOSS clearance expired in 2012. Is this holding up my approval?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
netb2b said:
What do you mean???
These are few things that can make your application being processed forever :
Did you have 1,095 days when you applied?
How did you get your PR? Under refugee or business or Canadian experience or skilled worker? (Refugee who returned to their home country, will have big problem when applying for citizenship, because basically they should be revoked the PR status when they returned. Same thing for getting PR under business, but started to claim social welfare when arrived).
Have you had any problem with police, being charged or being convicted?
Have you ever withdrawn your application before when issued RQ?
Are you applying under a lawyer that is currently being investigated by CIC?
Did you have your original passport when you applied? (Or you lost it and cannot provide photocopy of every page)?