+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ - Health record and social ties and Border record

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
Hi,

I figured majority of queries regarding RQ is related to the following three topics so I combined them together.

Does the health record have to be from OHIP?
I got a letter from my family doctor detailing dates of my visit to her clinic.
EDIT: I did some more searching on the website and looks like people usually suggest to getit from OHIP if in Ontario. The thing is I have the letter from my doctor and it is past 3 weeks already since I received the RQ. I am going to request OHIP for the personal claim history but is it ok if I submit the documents now anyways and send the OHIP history when I receive it after 30days?

Secondly, I have not joined any community organisation. What should I say about the social ties? Does library count? anything else?
I have made lots of friends here and have lots of relatives. What kind of documents to submit if there are no community organisation memberships?

Thirdly, the RQ says clearly if I sign the consent allowing CIC to check my travel history with border forces then I wont have to send the official CBSA document. Why then majority of people here are requesting it directly from CBSA still?

bsobaid

Jul 12, 2009
Copy Pasting a useful post by Mary Chad here on how to request OHIP and border record.

Your Name
Your Address
Date

Ministry of Health
Personal Health Information
4th Floor
49 Place D'Armes
P O Box 48
Kingston, ON, K7L 5J3

Dear Sir/Madam,
RE: Request for Personal Health Claim Information
I am requesting a copy of my health claims from XXXX to the present time. My health card number is XXXXXXX and my date of birth is XXXXXXXX.
Please find attached a copy of my health card.
Thank you for your attention,
Your name
Signature
Attached your health card copy and mail them the letter ASAP it takes 3-4 weeks.

For CBSA:
Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8

Dear ATIP Coordinator:
Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, i seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself.
I am permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is.
To assist with your search for these records, i am providing the following additional information about myself:
Full Name: XXXX
Date Birth: XXX
Country of Citizenship: XX
Travel Document Type: Passport
Travel Document Number: XXX
Permanent Resident ID number: PR Card Number
Please mail my request to my current address:
Your Address
signed: dated:

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
You can get a CBSA report for your records and also you can send a copy to them when you get it. CIC has a slow process in obtaining records. Not sure this will help to speed up but certainly with not hurt.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cadvis said:
You can get a CBSA report for your records and also you can send a copy to them when you get it. CIC has a slow process in obtaining records. Not sure this will help to speed up but certainly with not hurt.
I was wondering if we have to pay $5 per request to CBSA. Does anyone have any idea? I am going to order it, just in case I need it in the next 2 or 3 years if I will see the judge. Thanks

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
I was wondering if we have to pay $5 per request to CBSA. Does anyone have any idea? I am going to order it, just in case I need it in the next 2 or 3 years if I will see the judge. Thanks
No fees- If you request them under the Privacy Act.

If you order it under Information Act, then you will have to pay the $5. Most people don't pay.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsobaid said:
Hi,

I figured majority of queries regarding RQ is related to the following three topics so I combined them together.

Does the health record have to be from OHIP?
I got a letter from my family doctor detailing dates of my visit to her clinic.
EDIT: I did some more searching on the website and looks like people usually suggest to getit from OHIP if in Ontario. The thing is I have the letter from my doctor and it is past 3 weeks already since I received the RQ. I am going to request OHIP for the personal claim history but is it ok if I submit the documents now anyways and send the OHIP history when I receive it after 30days?

Secondly, I have not joined any community organisation. What should I say about the social ties? Does library count? anything else?
I have made lots of friends here and have lots of relatives. What kind of documents to submit if there are no community organisation memberships?

Thirdly, the RQ says clearly if I sign the consent allowing CIC to check my travel history with border forces then I wont have to send the official CBSA document. Why then majority of people here are requesting it directly from CBSA still?
People generally get it from OHIP because they may have visted a number of doctors, have been to the hospital, have done some tests etc. As you've suggested send the letter from your GP and then send the OHIP record later.

As to CBSA. You may have entires into Canada with no stamps in passport. Getting the CBSA in advance will enable you to see whether it is recorded in their report; if not recorded then it is in your interest to try proving a missing entry one way or another (if possible).

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
nguyentu2001 said:
aren't the CBSA records issued free of charge? I'm confused.....

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Halloum said:
Not if you request it under the privacy Act.
On this website
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

• Include a $5.00 application fee, which entitles the requester to five hours of search and preparation time.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[/quote]
SKQA said:
can we prepare these docments without RQ request for safe side or wait for RQ.
Of course, prepare your own immigration file. Be steady and ready. Translation of non-English non- French stamps is another important thing that you should prep for. Hopefully you will not get it. Good luck !