+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ documents,Do we need to keep them ??

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi,

While doing spring cleaning ,this question came up in my mind, do we need to keep all the doc.that we sent with RQ after receiving citizenship ? Is there any chance that CIC may ask us to provide those docs again ?

or can I safely throw them away ?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
moti said:
Hi,

While doing spring cleaning ,this question came up in my mind, do we need to keep all the doc.that we sent with RQ after receiving citizenship ? Is there any chance that CIC may ask us to provide those docs again ?

or can I safely throw them away ?
Did you get them back? Or just had them ready and RQ never came?

moti

Oct 24, 2012
I sent them photocopies and original doc. are with me . like my bank statements, rental lease docs , OHIP and CBSA records etc

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
I sent them photocopies and original doc. are with me . like my bank statements, rental lease docs , OHIP and CBSA records etc
Did your judge mentioned this in your ceremony ' today we close your book' we heard it during our ceremony. I think we are good ;o) I dont keep mine I throw it already. I keep my certificate instead he he he

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Some docs are neat to have at a later point in time, e.g. for tax purposes, or when a new employer requires you to undergo an extensive background check. Your landing document for example will be needed once you claim your pension.