+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
They are also requesting a "travel record or records of movements from all countries for which you have a passport or travel document"? I called my embassy today and they said they have no clue about that document... Will CBSA work in that case? I gave them already authorization in my initial application to get CBSA report.
No, CBSA will not do. You need to contact a border services agency in your home country, not an embassy.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....

Lorris

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
love bird 43 said:
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....
The question is irrelevant. You are still going to apply and there is nothing you can do about the 6 month gap... unless you wait until the validity of your passport fits within 4 year period (probably 6 years under new rules) before application.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello everyone.
thanks first for this topic. I am a november applicant, with an pre-test RQ.
here is my timeline:
november 2013 application received
january 2014 in process and book sent to me
june27th 2014 RQ received
august 15th 2014 RQ return
august 26th notice to write the test on september 30th.

I am quite surprised they invite me to pass the test since my RQ has not been processed yet, obviously.
thanks

bzcanada123

Sep 1, 2014
novembre2013 said:
hello everyone.
thanks first for this topic. I am a november applicant, with an pre-test RQ.
here is my timeline:
november 2013 application received
january 2014 in process and book sent to me
june27th 2014 RQ received
august 15th 2014 RQ return
august 26th notice to write the test on september 30th.

I am quite surprised they invite me to pass the test since my RQ has not been processed yet, obviously.
thanks
Hi, Do you know if everyone or most of us will be RQ-ed? What kind of situation might incur RQ? Thank you!

janoo

May 16, 2014
How you know that they have not review your RQ, let think about the test and

after the test they will interview during the interview take all the documents you will

be fine... wish you all the best of luck.. things are moving fast for new applicant...

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
bzcanada123 said:
Hi, Do you know if everyone or most of us will be RQ-ed? What kind of situation might incur RQ? Thank you!
hello,
actually I dont really know why I have been RQed since I travelled only twice since 2008 and I work for the same company since 2008...
I was totally surprised when I got the RQ...

janoo said:
How you know that they have not review your RQ, let think about the test and

after the test they will interview during the interview take all the documents you will

be fine... wish you all the best of luck.. things are moving fast for new applicant...
thanks for you positive message.
I have no clue if they reviewed my RQ but I think no cause they sent me test letter only 10 days after Isent back the RQ...

How are your files moving, guys?

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
It's likely that they haven't reviewed it. I was in the same situation and the CIC clerk conducting the interview had my RQ next to him.
The new processing seems to be:
RQ request issued (often issued in Sydney, but to be sent to the local office) -> RQ response -> Test -> RQ assessment

I believe this way they use their resources as efficient as possible, as a lot of people don't respond or don't show up for their test.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
applicant314 said:
It's likely that they haven't reviewed it. I was in the same situation and the CIC clerk conducting the interview had my RQ next to him.
The new processing seems to be:
RQ request issued (often issued in Sydney, but to be sent to the local office) -> RQ response -> Test -> RQ assessment

I believe this way they use their resources as efficient as possible, as a lot of people don't respond or don't show up for their test.
hello, thanks for your answer.
Since you experienced same situation, can you plz tell me what happened to you after the test?
Did you eventually got an answer?
And can you remind me plz what was your timeline?
Thanks a lot.

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Applied: Feb 2014
RQ: June 2014
Response: July 2014
Test: August 2014 (2 weeks ago)
Office: Kitchener

My interview took place after the test. The officer just verified the stamps in my passport with my my declared absences. Then he told me that my RQ hadn't been assessed yet and will be sent to St. Clair. There, he told me, it can take anywhere from "a few months" to "a veeeeeery long time". All people who took the test with me had basically the same experience.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
applicant314 said:

My interview took place after the test. The officer just verified the stamps in my passport with my my declared absences. Then he told me that my RQ hadn't been assessed yet and will be sent to St. Clair. There, he told me, it can take anywhere from "a few months" to "a veeeeeery long time". All people who took the test with me had basically the same experience.
wow...from a few months to a veeeery long time...
thank you for sharing and I wish you a quick and happy ending

bzcanada123

Sep 1, 2014
applicant314 said:

Wow, so that means even if you are done with the test, as long as your RQ status is not cleared, you cannot sing O Canada?!

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
bzcanada123 said:
Wow, so that means even if you are done with the test, as long as your RQ status is not cleared, you cannot sing O Canada?!
Yeah, that's what the new system seems to look like. First comes your RQ response, then the test, then the RQ assessment.
It will be interesting to see, whether this speeds up the RQ assessment process.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
applicant314 said:
Yeah, that's what the new system seems to look like. First comes your RQ response, then the test, then the RQ assessment.
It will be interesting to see, whether this speeds up the RQ assessment process.
thanks for your clear answers. I understand the process better now.

by the way is there any spreadsheet related to this topic?
I am on the november applicants topic as well and they have a spreadsheet.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello everyone.
I passed the test today. It went well. And at the end of the interview, the CO gave the notice to take the oath next monday..... Smiley
I was so surprised and excited.
Good luck to everyone and thank you all for help

november 17th 2013 application
August 2014 RQ
septembre 30th test