+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ - Bank and credit statements - Advice

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I got an RQ.

For the employement part, CIC list T4, notice of assesments, T5, bank/credit cards statements.

The bank and credit cards statements are around 200 pages.

Would you think that it's ok if I only send T4, notices of assements and T5 ?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi, I got an RQ.

For the employement part, CIC list T4, notice of assesments, T5, bank/credit cards statements.

The bank and credit cards statements are around 200 pages.

Would you think that it's ok if I only send T4, notices of assements and T5 ?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks,
Send what they asked for even if its alot. Whats your timeline and what is your local office? Why do you think you got the RQ?

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
Send what they asked for even if its alot. Whats your timeline and what is your local office? Why do you think you got the RQ?
Hi CanV,

My office is Montreal, they sent me the RQ, not Syqdney (maybe it's always like that but I do not know).

I applied with 1096 days of physical presence, with almost 35 exits for a total of 188 days outside Canada, I think those are the reason but who knows.

My timeline is in signature, I received the RQ on December 23rd dated on the 15th.

I'll start printing.

Thanks CanV and moti.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
I sent all the documents mentioned including bank account and credit card statements.
Hi moti,

Did you finish the process ?

How long between answering RQ and test? Local office?

Thanks,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi CanV,

My office is Montreal, they sent me the RQ, not Syqdney (maybe it's always like that but I do not know).

I applied with 1096 days of physical presence, with almost 35 exits for a total of 188 days outside Canada, I think those are the reason but who knows.

My timeline is in signature, I received the RQ on December 23rd dated on the 15th.

I'll start printing.

Thanks CanV and moti.
Agreed. Having that many absences and applying only one day after you qualify is what probably triggered RQ.

cloudycanada

Oct 2, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Taipei (Spousal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
CanV said:
Agreed. Having that many absences and applying only one day after you qualify is what probably triggered RQ.
Which is somewhat ironic, normal people would want to apply ASAP to start the process, so really nothing wrong with that, even though I can see why
Otherwise, what's a safe "waiting period" after crossing 1095 days? 30 days? 60 days? the rules may change by then, or fees going up (which it DID double from $200 to $400)

anyway, there's no winning with CIC anyway

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloudycanada said:
Which is somewhat ironic, normal people would want to apply ASAP to start the process, so really nothing wrong with that, even though I can see why
Otherwise, what's a safe "waiting period" after crossing 1095 days? 30 days? 60 days? the rules may change by then, or fees going up (which it DID double from $200 to $400)

anyway, there's no winning with CIC anyway
I would say allow 2 extra days for each trip. So if you make 5 trips then wait until you have 1105. The problem with travel is CIC may look at dates differently. I know one case where the applicant received RQ although he was certain he met residency requirements. He applied at 1095. He was correct but not according to CIC. What happened is in one of his trips he arrived let's say today 4/13 and counted his absence accordingly by entering today's date in the calculator. Somehow he was short by 1 day when he applied although calculator indicated 1095.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
@ Zumba 369, I am done with my citizenship and now a Canadian citizen. 8) but it took more than 42 months to complete the process.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes the main reason for RQ I think is extensive travel and apply with very close
to 1095 days, atleast 15 days gap is utmost to avoid any calculation error
may come any how deal with RQ now with patient am waiting for my citizenship
almost 40 months....

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
@ Zumba 369, I am done with my citizenship and now a Canadian citizen. 8) but it took more than 42 months to complete the process.
Damn !

Congrats !