+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF: to pay or not to pay now?

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi there,
A friend of mine has received requests for medicals+passport+updated proof of funds. But no request to pay RPRF. I guess they are waiting for the medical results to ask for RPRF.

Do you recommend that she pay RPRF NOW and send the receipt along with other documents, or wait until requested. What are possible advantages or disadvantages to this? Seniors' advice is most welcome.

Thanks

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
Which visa office? after how many days she got medical+pp request sending full document?

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Here are official instructions for RPRF:

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

R303 specifies that RPRF fees are payable for the principal applicant and their spouse or
common- law partner.
Payment of the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) is required before issuance of
permanent resident visas.
Applicants may make their RPRF payment at any time during the immigration process.
Successful applicants who decide not to use their visas must return them to the issuing visa office
in order to obtain a RPRF refund.
Unsuccessful applicants who have paid the RPRF should be informed as part of the refusal letter
that they are entitled to a refund, and be given an approximate time frame for its receipt.
In the case of transferred files, the visa office that finalizes the case is responsible for processing
any RPRF refund. This instruction does not apply to applications received by or transferred to the
CIO. In these cases, the CIO is responsible for the RPRF refund.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wpc71 said:
Hi there,
A friend of mine has received requests for medicals+passport+updated proof of funds. But no request to pay RPRF. I guess they are waiting for the medical results to ask for RPRF.

Do you recommend that she pay RPRF NOW and send the receipt along with other documents, or wait until requested. What are possible advantages or disadvantages to this? Seniors' advice is most welcome.

Thanks
Send the RPRF now. Advantages
1. U'll save on time. Else, another BF'd, as the VO'll wait for it.
2. Show's your sincerity, sometimes that helps.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thanks guys,
I also thought it would help paring now. At least she won't have to wait for the visa office to request that.