+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF Fees

samk8129

Jul 7, 2021
Hi, I applied for PR as a single applicant with my non-accompanying spouse and paid the RPRF upfront while applying. I received a letter today stating I need to pay the RPRF for my spouse as well. Do you think this is an error? Since I'm the only applicant it doesn't make sense to pay the fee for my spouse as well.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi, I applied for PR as a single applicant with my non-accompanying spouse and paid the RPRF upfront while applying. I received a letter today stating I need to pay the RPRF for my spouse as well. Do you think this is an error? Since I'm the only applicant it doesn't make sense to pay the fee for my spouse as well.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-61.html

Exception

(2) The following persons are not required to pay the fee referred to in subsection (1):

• (a) a person who is a family member of a principal applicant and is a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b) or (c) of the definition family member in subsection 1(3);
  • (b) a principal applicant who is a foreign national referred to in paragraph 117(1)(b), (f) or (g);
  • (b.1) a principal applicant in Canada who has made an application in accordance with section 66 and is a dependent child of a permanent resident or of a Canadian citizen;
  • (b.2) a member of the permit holder class who is a dependent child of
    • (i) a member of the permit holder class who has made an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, or
    • (ii) a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen;
  • (c) a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Act who has applied to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, and their family members;
  • (c.1) a person who is a member of the protected temporary residents class and is described in paragraph 151.1(2)(b) and the family members included in their application;
  • (d) a person who is a member of the Convention refugees abroad class, and the family members included in their application; and
  • (e) a person who is a member of a humanitarian-protected persons abroad class, and the family members included in their application.