+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPD members Bias

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone, is it true that the majority of RPD members are predisposed to denying claims despite what rilble evidence you present or the consistency of the claiment testimony.

Best Regards,
Naji

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
No. Why would Canada have so many refugees then?
The approval rate varies between rpd members some has less than 20% and even some has 0%.
My personal experience in 2 refugee hearings was terrible . Both members body language was aggressive and disrespect , they could not find even a minor inconsistency in my testimony yet they rendered a negative decision based mainly on a speculative finding that i might had a prior motivation to immigrate to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is your opinion. Yes there is variation between immigration judges but they also may see primarily refugee applicants from a certain part of the world. Just because there was no inconsistency in your story doesn't mean that you should be approved for asylum. I believe I just read your H&C posting and the only hint at persecution were 2 letters from friends and you indicated that you hadn't submitted them previously.

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
That is your opinion. Yes there is variation between immigration judges but they also may see primarily refugee applicants from a certain part of the world. Just because there was no inconsistency in your story doesn't mean that you should be approved for asylum. I believe I just read your H&C posting and the only hint at persecution were 2 letters from friends and you indicated that you hadn't submitted them previously.
Noooo those 2 letters post date the refugee hearing but prior to refugee hearing i submited many and many of news Articles , supporting documentary evidences, letters, affidavit from a friend

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless you can prove that you have been persecuted and your life is in danger you won't get approved. Do the articles and documentary mention you by name?

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
The affidavit and letters mention me by name , news articles mention that Hezbollah is forcibly recruiting youngmen in my place of residence and punish those who refuse.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would have to have proof that you had been threatened and that even if you moved to another area of the country they would find you and hurt you.

Reactions: Naji.Lebanon

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
You would have to have proof that you had been threatened and that even if you moved to another area of the country they would find you and hurt you.
The ndp developed by IRB confirms that Hezbollah has substantial influence throughout Lebanon andd has the ability to locate and detain any person in Lebanon even the most recent RIR before the rpd judge was confirming that.
The rpd judge did not make an internal flight determination same no determination for state protection was made because the ndp was decisively confirming that hezbollah controls police and goverment in Lebanon.
He made only negative credibility findings mainly in his speculation that i might had a motivation to immigrate to Canada

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
I know that but you have to prove that you have been targeted. Based on your argument all Lebanese citizens would qualify for asylum.
First please see my previous reply as its updated now , second 7 letters from friends, co-workers, and others and one affidavit from a friend all said that hezbollah is trying to arrest and kill me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to have more than letters from friend and family because those can be forged. Not saying yours are fake but others have done that. A letter threatening your life, text threats, photos of raids of your residence, time in jail, signs of torture, articles about your opposition work, posts where you opposed the government are items needed in conjunction to letters. I wish you the best but it doesn't seem like a strong case for H&C. You neer know you could get lucky. I assume you were too old to be included in your family's application. I assume your family didn't apply for refugee status and that is also a big problem for you file.

Reactions: Naji.Lebanon

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
You need to have more than letters from friend and family because those can be forged. Not saying yours are fake but others have done that. A letter threatening your life, text threats, photos of raids of your residence, time in jail, signs of torture, articles about your opposition work, posts where you opposed the government are items needed in conjunction to letters. I wish you the best but it doesn't seem like a strong case for H&C. You neer know you could get lucky. I assume you were too old to be included in your family's application. I assume your family didn't apply for refugee status and that is also a big problem for you file.
Hezbollah members came to my house 3 times and tried to forcibly recruit me and during last visit they threatened me that if i donot obey their orders they are going to kill me , after that incident I booked a ticket to canada and fled , unfortunately i live alone in my house so its impossible to bring a witness , but after i fled many of friends and co-workers were summoned by hezbollah and they asked them about me and if they know where i am hiding. They confirmed that in a letters accompanied with I.D cards and one affidavit .
I believe what you are saying is the rpd should and have the right to put an extremely high burden of proof

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm sorry for your situation it sounds awful but unfortunately there has to be a certain burden of proof or anyone could apply if they wanted to come to Canada. The fact that your whole family lives in Canada raises some doubt about your intentions. Unfortunately these types of things need to be considered because people are constantly trying to exploit the system. I wish you the best and maybe you'll get H&C. In fairness your original post about H&C focused on your family, the fact you were settled in Canada and the fact that Lebanon wasn't a great place to live for primarily economic reasons.

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
I'm sorry for your situation it sounds awful but unfortunately there has to be a certain burden of proof or anyone could apply if they wanted to come to Canada. The fact that your whole family lives in Canada raises some doubt about your intentions. Unfortunately these types of things need to be considered because people are constantly trying to exploit the system. I wish you the best and maybe you'll get H&C. In fairness your original post about H&C focused on your family, the fact you were settled in Canada and the fact that Lebanon wasn't a great place to live for primarily economic reasons.
I had a well paying job in Lebanon I provided the rpd member with a work certificate " signed and stamped" confirms my employment in Lebanon and that my basic monthly salary was amount to 3100 USD . I have no economic motivation to come to canada.