+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rpd member bias !!!

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
Actually I have undergone 2 hearings with 2 different Rpd members , Both members were act arrogantly and their body language were very aggressive and apparently were getting pissed off when I give right and not contradicting answers, Both members has mentioned in the written decision that I gave a consistent testimony corroborated with objective documentary evidences , However both member has rejected my refugee case. First refugee hearing decision was set aside by federal court because the FC was not satisfied that there was a safe Internal flight alternative to me at my country of citizenship.
Again I am filing a judiail review for the second refugee hearing decision , I want to know if arguing a panel bias based on member body language would be succesful

Thank you,

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Actually I have undergone 2 hearings with 2 different Rpd members , Both members were act arrogantly and their body language were very aggressive and apparently were getting pissed off when I give right and not contradicting answers, Both members has mentioned in the written decision that I gave a consistent testimony corroborated with objective documentary evidences , However both member has rejected my refugee case. First refugee hearing decision was set aside by federal court because the FC was not satisfied that there was a safe Internal flight alternative to me at my country of citizenship.
Again I am filing a judiail review for the second refugee hearing decision , I want to know if arguing a panel bias based on member body language would be succesful

Thank you,
1, Unlikely unless you had a video of the Panel member of the whole hearing.

Naji.Lebanon

Aug 30, 2017
Hi

1, Unlikely unless you had a video of the Panel member of the whole hearing.
There is no video, I believe RPD members are predisposed to turn down refugees due to racial background discrimination , Both RPD members overlooked a documentary evidence issued by well known Human rights organization confirming that my life is at risk at my country of citzenship.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That a pretty subjective claim that there is a bias based on body language. Pretty sure that JR is based on fact of law and not the appearance or demeanour of the interviewer.