AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

Just one quick question. I lannded as a PR last May. My husband and I decided that we would wait until the PR process was complete before I would make the jump and move to my married name. We have now taken care of almost everything, and it's time to start changing over my ID.

So, my question is this. Do I need to submit new pictures to get a new PR ID card? Or can I just fill out the form and have them reuse my current picture?

Thank you very much for the help!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quakingaspen said:
Hi everyone,
So, my question is this. Do I need to submit new pictures to get a new PR ID card? Or can I just fill out the form and have them reuse my current picture?
Hi

Yes.Two photos,

As per CIC it must:

show a full front view of the person's head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).