+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Roommates for London near Fanshawe London South Campus? Advices for accomodations for a newcomer

Jeltsin25

Mar 8, 2021
Hi! I'm going to start classes on May 6th, and I'm looking for roomates to find accommodation. I'm a 32-year-old peruvian student and I would appreciate any tips regarding looking for accommodations options, advice on how to look for places, roommates, etc; and if you are interested in being my roommate, let me know in comments as well

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to answer

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I'm going to start classes on May 6th, and I'm looking for roomates to find accommodation. I'm a 32-year-old peruvian student and I would appreciate any tips regarding looking for accommodations options, advice on how to look for places, roommates, etc; and if you are interested in being my roommate, let me know in comments as well

craiglist will be a good start. just beware of scams, so it's better to get airbnb or hotels for a few nights and room hunting in person before making commitments.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP

As @steaky said, your best bet is to rent an Airbnb/hotel for at least a week for your arrival and then search for accommodation when you're physically in London. If you're looking to share a place with someone else, I know marketplace is one of the most popular platforms to find this. Being in London lets you see the place and meet the people you'll share with. I studied in Fanshawe for a year when I first came to Canada. I arrived to an Airbnb and took me a week to find a place for me and my wife.

Message me if you need any further info about London. I speak Spanish too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would be reluctant to rent something without seeing it in person and meeting any potential roommates. It is also very early to look for rental for May. Sadly there a many slum landlords trying to fit as many students or newcomers in a home with some pretty deplorable conditions so would want to see a place to live in person. You typically have to sign a 1 year lease so you don’t want to commit to something without seeing the rental and also meeting your roommates. Most good landlords also want to meet potential tenants before renting to them. I think you will find that many rentals are only open to renting to certain ethnicities. That is illegal but is common.