+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rome Office/timeline/immigration officers

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Is there a way to see how many officers work in the Rome Italy office and how many applications and such they are dealing with? Mainly I’m just curious. I am almost ready to ship everything off to them and have read it takes 5-9 months ..... which feels so long when you wont be able to see your husband during that time, which im sure lots of people are going through. I hope its not high wedding season and their timeline goes down a bit in the amount people have to wait! Lol.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

katie3234 said:
Is there a way to see how many officers work in the Rome Italy office and how many applications and such they are dealing with? Mainly I'm just curious. I am almost ready to ship everything off to them and have read it takes 5-9 months ..... which feels so long when you wont be able to see your husband during that time, which im sure lots of people are going through. I hope its not high wedding season and their timeline goes down a bit in the amount people have to wait! Lol.
4 VOs + Locally engaged staff.

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Hi Katie 3234,

I am sponsoring my common law partner whom is Italian:) The 5-8 months starts from the time Rome starts processing the PR applicant's application and from what I read that could take over a month.

Our time line so far is:

Application received in Miss.: April 14th, 2010
Sponsor approved: June 2nd, 2010
PR application sent to Paris: June 2nd, 2010 (This was a mistake by the Immigration office, my partner is Italian and we specified Rome.)
PR application sent from Paris to ROME: June 10th, 2010

We are now waiting to hear that they are processing his application...and it is extremely hard. I moved back to Canada after living in Italy for 3 years to re-establish myself so everything is ready...Have you already been approved as sponsor or are you the PR applicant?

I am trying to find more stories and timelines for the Rome embassy but it isn't easy..not many people immigrating from Italia....

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
usually it depends...

mine less than three months after they opened the file.
but I do know people here (and I met them personally) who got their answer after 1 month they opened the file. one thing: usually they open the file 1 month after it has been sent it...I hope it helps

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
That gives me hope, thanks Mirkopal :) The people you met were other Italians that moved to Canada? 1 month is unbelievable..that would be amazing :D

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Soooo although the website says 5-9 months it can be on the faster side of it all? I feel nearly ready to submit everything. But am really wanting some sort of a timeline to go by ..... Hopefully it will be faster than the 5-9 months!

AlCan

Jul 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katie3234 said:
Soooo although the website says 5-9 months it can be on the faster side of it all? I feel nearly ready to submit everything. But am really wanting some sort of a timeline to go by ..... Hopefully it will be faster than the 5-9 months!
for Albanians process is still long ..
I have not heard that one Albanian got visa for two months three or four. Italians, Greeks have the fastest process
I have seen also in other forums .. trackitt.com process has taken more than two years.
I hope to be a fast process!!

katie3234

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Interview........
No interview
Is it just my imagination or have the processing times for Rome increased by 3 months? No I have not even sent in my sponsorship stuff yet, we still have more "evidence" to gather. Since my husband was deported from Greece 5 times from the age of 13 to now we are trying to make things bullet proof, if thats even possible as far as immigration goes. Just trying to figure out how long of a wait we are in for ....... I took a look at that trackitt website and was only able to find one case where an Albanian was granted PR and it took the people 2 YEARS! So discouraging, and difficult being on a different continent than your loved one, and trying to convey through paper that you love one another, are a genuine couple, with only good intentions. Really, really, really hope and pray that despite the fact he is Albanian, we are young, have only been together since October 2008, and he has been deported that things will move fast and well for us and that that 5-12 month processing time will either change or fly by. Done ranting now! lol.

I have a friend from the UK who just sponsored her Albanian husband and it only took 6 weeks from the day they sent in their paper work to the day he received his visa. Wish it was that fast for us Canadians!

Going..Canada

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010 send Dec 2010
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
Send with other doc's Dec 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012
AlCan said:
for Albanians process is still long ..
I have not heard that one Albanian got visa for two months three or four. Italians, Greeks have the fastest process
I have seen also in other forums .. trackitt.com process has taken more than two years.
I hope to be a fast process!!
Under what NOC did you apply??
It was a interview needed for you.
Suksese!

Going..Canada

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010 send Dec 2010
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012
katie3234 said:
Going..Canada

Are you applying through Rome also?
My visa office is also Rome and I am under Skilled worker category I applied to CIC Sydney in Jun 2010 (before June 26).
CIC first AOR in Oct 2010. Sent all document to Rome VO in DEC 2011. Had a letter in May 2011 saing: the processing times are on average 12-18 months and that will be informed approximately 2 month prior to the date of interview, if required. Meanwhile Client Application Status has changed to "Received by Visa Office".

Going..Canada

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010 send Dec 2010
AOR Received.
May 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012
Is there anyone to share his experience with Rome VO??