23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
x-ing said:
So we inquired on the general progress on our case via the CIC case enquiry portal and this morning we got the following response:

Your application is currently in queue, pending the evaluation of the designated visa officer and the results of the medical examination. You will be informed once we are ready to move to the next stage of the processing, or if additional information is requested of you.

We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Sincerely yours/Sincèrement,
Immigration Section/Section d'immigration
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
1-3 Tuberozelor Str., sector 1
011411 Bucharest , Romania
Fax +40-21 307-5014 (immigration) / +40-21 307-5023 (visitors)

Which is not either good or bad news, since it may go into review tomorrow, or in 3 months, so it doesn't really give us an idea of where we are at. Still great that they answered our inquiry, I did not expect that. The other thing that bothers me is that they still did not review (or receive?) the medical examination results. Can anyone give me their interpretation of their response?

Any news from anyone else?
We don`t really know how exactlly the things are going in VO Bucharest, but what I noticed is that if your case is straight forward, with no travel history, no previous marriges, no kids or a simply doubt what the immigration oficer might have when is working on your file then the case gos directly for finalisation. In your file you must have the right answers of each question, which in most of the files is not the case; if your file is in queue that it means that they never touch it or if touched it then they have some doubts concerning your case; anyway try to keep your clear mind and try to not wonder yourself why the things are going like that or what they really doing, you will never have the right answer, becouse we are keept in darck most of the time.

And yes, VO Bucharest in general answers quicklly of our requests, at least we have that.

Good luck and tones of patience!

I.N.

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, we still have no news from the VO. As per my case prior to receive the AOR from
Mississagua no additional information was requested and it got sent straight to bucharest. From friends that have been through that process,I ve been told that they have been requested additional information or documents before they are sent to the VO. But even with that it took them considerably less time than what its been posted on cic website!
So just a general question how long have you all been waiting now?
We are in our 7month since we applied and starting the 8 month. ( of this incredible waiting...its almost like waiting to give birth at that stage! ) :D

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missy2106 said:
Hi guys, we still have no news from the VO. As per my case prior to receive the AOR from
Mississagua no additional information was requested and it got sent straight to bucharest. From friends that have been through that process,I ve been told that they have been requested additional information or documents before they are sent to the VO. But even with that it took them considerably less time than what its been posted on cic website!
We are in our 7month since we applied and starting the 8 month. ( of this incredible waiting...its almost like waiting to give birth at that stage! ) :D
If they are asking for documents before sending the file to VO, those papers are either something mandatory and missing or are related to the Sponsorship Application. Mississauga only analyses if the file is complete and if the sponsor qualifies as sponsor.

The sponsored persons forms and the genuinity of the relationship are assessed by the VO.

(my timeline is on the left, under my username and country flag :) )

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Betina said:
If they are asking for documents before sending the file to VO, those papers are either something mandatory and missing or are related to the Sponsorship Application. Mississauga only analyses if the file is complete and if the sponsor qualifies as sponsor.

The sponsored persons forms and the genuinity of the relationship are assessed by the VO.

(my timeline is on the left, under my username and country flag :) )
I completely agree with you, however its better that neither mississagua or VO ask for add information and just process everything faster!
I have an appointement with my
MP on thursday! I will keep you updated!

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
October 8, 2013 (Flagpoled at Coutts,AB)
So just to update everyone. We got our GCMS notes; the request had been made on July 26th and the notes were printer on August 10th (or 8th). They had exactly what I expected - nothing of interest. Bucharest had started an RCMP screening and requested medical results back in May about a month after they have received the application from Mississauga. I'm thinking this is a standard procedure initiated by administrative staff when they process incoming appliocations.

No activity on the file since then :( Plus given the response from the embassy on August 20th (curious thing about their response, the notes say "Following e-enq rcvd from spr and reg to MG: our message to them here" dated August 6th; does this mean they inquired on the file back then and did not send the email until August 20th?)

It's discouraging to see people with 10 and 7 months wait with no news ... it would be so great for them to find out if the embassy even touched their files yet...

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
missy2106 said:
No documents requested from us, and we've been waiting 5 months now since the file transfer, starting on our sixth.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missy2106 said:
I completely agree with you, however its better that neither mississagua or VO ask for add information and just process everything faster!
I have an appointement with my
MP on thursday! I will keep you updated!
So, how did your meeting with your MP go? Anything relevant happened? :)

mmro

Apr 10, 2013
The appointment is for today. I'm really interested in what happens there as well. We were thinking of doing that at some point later in the waiting process.

I have an extra question - when did you make the appointment? I just want an idea of how long the waitlist for your MP is.

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmro said:
Now I have the same reaction as Betina:
Hi guys,
So I had the appointment this week and on the next day the MP contacted me with information from VO,saying that indeed our application is in process and they are doing some security background checks and that they have also reviewed the medical results.
In the ecas however they haven't updated anything but I read that some people had application received status even when they received the visa. So don't discourage if you do not see in process , they might not always update your case online!
I would advise you contact the MP's after the 6-7 month its been at the VO, I mean that is acceptable process time and that's when they would be able to give you more information and not only " your file is in queue" as some other people had as an answer.

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to say we are very happy at the moment. At least we know someone is working on the file! :)
We cant wait to have some news from them like "send your passport " :)

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
missy2106 said:
No need to say we are very happy at the moment. At least we know someone is working on the file! :)
We cant wait to have some news from them like "send your passport " :)
That's great news missy2106! May your wait be short ;D

I was wondering if there's any way my husband could contact an MP. He left Canada almost 2 years ago and is living with me, so I don't know if there is anyone he could contact. Maybe use the MP from where his last address was? Or the one from where his current canadian mailing address is?

missy2106

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Betina said:
That's great news missy2106! May your wait be short ;D

I was wondering if there's any way my husband could contact an MP. He left Canada almost 2 years ago and is living with me, so I don't know if there is anyone he could contact. Maybe use the MP from where his last address was? Or the one from where his current canadian mailing address is?
Its better to contact the one from his current mailing adress. But taking into consideration that he left canada for that long i hope that there would be no problems.

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
Hello everyone,

Guest what day this is? That's right, cryptic e-mail Wednesday!!! :D

After our last case specific enquiry, where we were told that we were in queue and left us hanging as far as the medical results, I replied to them and asked whether or not it is normal for the results to not be received by this time, and if we should contact the physician to try to determine where they are ourselves.

This is the reply we got today:

"The file is in progress, and is being processed within our standard processing times. For more information on our procedures please consult our website: www.cic.gc.ca . We are currently waiting for the results of the medical examination.
Your reference number is FXXXXXXXXX. Make sure to always quote your file number in all correspondence with our office.

Fax +40-21 307-5014 (immigration) / +40-21 307-5023 (visitors)"

So, in progress as in it's being reviewed, or in progress as I see it in GCMS (where "In Progress" basically means that staff have started some side tasks on April 19 but no significant tasks) -

APPLICATION STATUS:1
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Other Reason Description:
Leave Decision:
Leave Decision Date:
Decision:
Decision Date:
Office: Bucharest
Update Date: 2013/04/19
Updated By: CAXXXXX

And to missy2106, best of wishes and a speedy PPR!!

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
x-ing said:
Hello everyone,

Guest what day this is? That's right, cryptic e-mail Wednesday!!! :D

After our last case specific enquiry, where we were told that we were in queue and left us hanging as far as the medical results, I replied to them and asked whether or not it is normal for the results to not be received by this time, and if we should contact the physician to try to determine where they are ourselves.

This is the reply we got today:

"The file is in progress, and is being processed within our standard processing times. For more information on our procedures please consult our website: www.cic.gc.ca . We are currently waiting for the results of the medical examination.
Your reference number is FXXXXXXXXX. Make sure to always quote your file number in all correspondence with our office.

Fax +40-21 307-5014 (immigration) / +40-21 307-5023 (visitors)"

So, in progress as in it's being reviewed, or in progress as I see it in GCMS (where "In Progress" basically means that staff have started some side tasks on April 19 but no significant tasks) -

APPLICATION STATUS:1
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress
Other Reason Description:
Leave Decision:
Leave Decision Date:
Decision:
Decision Date:
Office: Bucharest
Update Date: 2013/04/19
Updated By: CAXXXXX

And to missy2106, best of wishes and a speedy PPR!!
This convinced me not to make a Case Specific Enquiry if I want to find out something about my file :) Better to wait 30 days for GCMS notes than to get the cryptic emails the embassy sends ???