+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
I.N said:
Hello CrySo,

No one could no for sure how much time takes until a decision its made on your file because every file is different, in general the delays are over a year for the lucky ones takes less.

I see you have sent your medicals second time on 29th of march, if VO asked for it that it means a decision in your case was made and you will find out about it sooner or later, depends of VO.

In my opinion you will leave along with your husband next summer to Canada... :).

We are in april, summer its very close. :)

Good luck!
Hey I.N.

Thanks for your reply.. Reading the stories everyone has posted over here makes me realize it WILL happen eventually..its just so hard to be separated from your loved one and only someone that has been through this process can understand the anxiety and disappointments you can get when things seem to be so close but yet so far. We used to think we have bad luck because anything that could go wrong happened to us but i guess all of you guys went through the same bull***t more or less. When I went to have the medicals and told them my husband was canadian citizen they said : " wow well that means they'll cut you into small pieces " and i was thinking " great , things look promising!" . Anyhow... I'm happy to see things worked out for all you guys.. Hopefully i will be leaving this summer ..just gotta get that PR request ;D I was wondering if i should get the GCMS notes, is it helpful at all?

CharlizeRai you lucky bugger ;) , finally your dream came true !

Good day to y'all !

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
CrysSo said:
Hey I.N.

Thanks for your reply.. Reading the stories everyone has posted over here makes me realize it WILL happen eventually..its just so hard to be separated from your loved one and only someone that has been through this process can understand the anxiety and disappointments you can get when things seem to be so close but yet so far. We used to think we have bad luck because anything that could go wrong happened to us but i guess all of you guys went through the same bull***t more or less. When I went to have the medicals and told them my husband was canadian citizen they said : " wow well that means they'll cut you into small pieces " and i was thinking " great , things look promising!" . Anyhow... I'm happy to see things worked out for all you guys.. Hopefully i will be leaving this summer ..just gotta get that PR request ;D I was wondering if i should get the GCMS notes, is it helpful at all?

Good day to y'all !
Yes true, to stay away of your loved one is the most difficult thing ever, but in the end you will make it.

We all do in the end... ;).

Regards.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
CrysSo said:
Hey I.N.

Good day to y'all !
I definitely am very lucky! Our process went rather painlessly after the initial bumps, but hopefully yours is nearing its end! I'm definitely excited for Tuesday, I'm just not quite sure how to explain that we still have snow :(

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
CharlizeRai said:
I definitely am very lucky! Our process went rather painlessly after the initial bumps, but hopefully yours is nearing its end! I'm definitely excited for Tuesday, I'm just not quite sure how to explain that we still have snow :(
I'm glad things went kinda fast for you, if i was to tell my story i think it could almost become a movie script :p My husb told me weather is quite cold over there still, thank god over here its starting to show some signs of summer. I haven't asked .. Is any of you canadian or married to one? Just curious to see if its a longer process or pretty much the same.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
CrysSo said:
I'm glad things went kinda fast for you, if i was to tell my story i think it could almost become a movie script :p My husb told me weather is quite cold over there still, thank god over here its starting to show some signs of summer. I haven't asked .. Is any of you canadian or married to one? Just curious to see if its a longer process or pretty much the same.
It definitely worked out well for us! Sorry to hear your process has been so long. Where I am it keeps snowing..I just want it to melt already! I'm Canadian born and raised, and my hubby is the Romanian.

Dourdon

Dec 22, 2012
Hello guys,

Just to share with you that on 3th April, my wife got the passport request! So, the extension has taken 4 months (1 month to understand we need an additional x-rays and 3 months to finish). The VO has kept the file for 13 months + 2 months for AOR.
I don't know how the prisoners feel but at least they know the go out day?! I don't know also why we were punished to wait so long (even the GSMC notes can't show me, there is just a gap of 8 months before to begin the processing of the file)?!

Anyway, thank you guys, you were so kind to answer me and to give me a courage!

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
CharlizeRai said:
It definitely worked out well for us! Sorry to hear your process has been so long. Where I am it keeps snowing..I just want it to melt already! I'm Canadian born and raised, and my hubby is the Romanian.
Allright so apparently its just a matter of luck.. You must be counting the hours CharlizeRai , and don't worry i'm sure the snow will melt once you two are together... At that point it prolly won't even matter anymore if it snows or rains ;)

Best of luck to everyone

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
CrysSo said:
Allright so apparently its just a matter of luck.. You must be counting the hours CharlizeRai , and don't worry i'm sure the snow will melt once you two are together... At that point it prolly won't even matter anymore if it snows or rains ;)

Best of luck to everyone
Yah. Who knows how things get processed! I am definitely excited, but I'm feeling a little stressed trying to get together all the last minute stuff I want to be ready when he arrives! And yes, I'm sure we'll make the snow melt :) Across Canada. lol.

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
CharlizeRai said:
Yah. Who knows how things get processed! I am definitely excited, but I'm feeling a little stressed trying to get together all the last minute stuff I want to be ready when he arrives! And yes, I'm sure we'll make the snow melt :) Across Canada. lol.
Lol don't get stressed about getting things ready, its more fun when you do stuff together..as for the snow,i guess it wont be that bad if it wont be all gone.. you can make snow angels together, have some romantic time ;) i'll check the weather in canada now and then and when they'll say its all melted i'll know who did it :p

neda_nn

Apr 27, 2013
Hi, everyone :)
My case is just about to start. I've been reading all your stories and i feel so bad for some of you waiting for more then a year! I already pass 9 months without my love and i am standing in front of obviously a lot more to come :( I won't talk about my feeling coz I'm sure all of you know how it is... So my husband decide we should better use a lawyer and we did. He just signed the last paper in friday and all of them should be send next week! Finally! Now the big waiting starts for me too :/ I was wondering if the use of a lawyer makes any different? Apart of the different that i feel way to far from all that is going on due to the not enough info my husband is taking from them.

Good luck to all of you!!!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
neda_nn said:
My case is just about to start. I've been reading all your stories and i feel so bad for some of you waiting for more then a year! I already pass 9 months without my love and i am standing in front of obviously a lot more to come :( I won't talk about my feeling coz I'm sure all of you know how it is... So my husband decide we should better use a lawyer and we did. He just signed the last paper in friday and all of them should be send next week! Finally! Now the big waiting starts for me too :/ I was wondering if the use of a lawyer makes any different? Apart of the different that i feel way to far from all that is going on due to the not enough info my husband is taking from them.

Hello!

In my opinion its good to have a lawer, if you are not to familiar with such a process a lawer will guide you better.

Good luck and wish you tones of patience!!

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my joy with you , got my PP request today and i think i've never been happier . :p It took less then i was expecting and they didn't call me for an interview ( which is awesome) .
neda_nn said:

Tons of patience is exactly what u need and faith that things will come together in the end.
Wishing u best of luck!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
CrysSo said:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my joy with you , got my PP request today and i think i've never been happier . :p It took less then i was expecting and they didn't call me for an interview ( which is awesome) .
Tons of patience is exactly what u need and faith that things will come together in the end.
Wishing u best of luck!
Awesome!!

starter2

May 4, 2013
CrysSo said:
Hey guys,
Hello to all Bucharest VO applicants,

First of all congratulations CrysSo, very happy for you, especially since I am in a very similar situation and hope to receive the same great news shortly.

I am a canadian citizen who applied to sponsor my wife in summer 2012. Sponsorship was quick and painless and by the end of the summer the file got transferred to Bucharest.

In december we got a request to refill a form and send it to them, so we did so within 4 business days, but that did not change anything, despite them stating in the email "...in order to finalize the application we need this document...". I suspect that because we had to complete this form again and resend it, we were placed at the "back of the line", and had to wait before our file was reviewed again.

Recently the medicals expired, and my wife had to redo them, and she did so a couple of days after CrysSo, but we did not get a PP request yet. So, if we are lucky, we will get it in the next 2 weeks.

Good luck to all!

P.S. Couple of questions CrysSo, did you get refused an extension to your medicals? Also, is march 29th the day the medicals were done or the day the request was send for the medicals?

CrysSo

Mar 31, 2013
starter2 said:
Hello to all Bucharest VO applicants,

First of all congratulations CrysSo, very happy for you, especially since I am in a very similar situation and hope to receive the same great news shortly.

I am a canadian citizen who applied to sponsor my wife in summer 2012. Sponsorship was quick and painless and by the end of the summer the file got transferred to Bucharest.

In december we got a request to refill a form and send it to them, so we did so within 4 business days, but that did not change anything, despite them stating in the email "...in order to finalize the application we need this document...". I suspect that because we had to complete this form again and resend it, we were placed at the "back of the line", and had to wait before our file was reviewed again.

Recently the medicals expired, and my wife had to redo them, and she did so a couple of days after CrysSo, but we did not get a PP request yet. So, if we are lucky, we will get it in the next 2 weeks.

Good luck to all!

P.S. Couple of questions CrysSo, did you get refused an extension to your medicals? Also, is march 29th the day the medicals were done or the day the request was send for the medicals?
Hi there,

My medicals expired somewhere in november 2012, got an e'mail from CIC in december I believe, asking me whether i travelled outside the country in the last 6 months (i didnt) so they could ask for the extension . We never heard anything else from them for about 2 and a half months when we decided to send them an e-mail asking for an update on the situation. A week after they responded saying i had to redo the medicals, so they never said that my extension was refused, in my opinion they didn't even ask for one and they totally forgot about it. The 29th of march is when i had the appointment in Bucharest to get them done , so it took like a month to receive the PPR .
Id say no worries starter2 , as u may have noticed they have a funny way of doing everything , I'm sure u will get the PP request.. Unless they want an interview ( which i hope they wont) .
Best of luck to u and your wife, happy to answer any other questions u may have. ;)

Cheers!