Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you CharlizaRai,
I still can`t believe it! I need to move so fast! I need to renew my passport because from what I have read here I understood that it could have 6 months of validity. I have to quit my job in a day,to fly back to Bulgaria, renew my passport and send it. 10 months of waiting and now I have to calculate the hours :D
I can`t stop smiling! I`m so happy!!!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
That's soo awesome! I'm so happy for you!!

I must say, I'm definitely glad that i have a few months notice for my hubby to get his things in order. I can't imagine how much you have to do! And yes, you need to renew your passport. Good luck on getting things down!

Again, a huge congratulations!!!

Go out and celebrate tonight :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Thank you CharlizaRai,
I still can`t believe it! I need to move so fast! I need to renew my passport because from what I have read here I understood that it could have 6 months of validity. I have to quit my job in a day,to fly back to Bulgaria, renew my passport and send it. 10 months of waiting and now I have to calculate the hours :D
I can`t stop smiling! I`m so happy!!!
Congratulations Blagogalia ;D

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you I.N :)

I am confused about how to send my passport. I have to count every day as my medicals will expire on 20th of March which means I have to land before that. So basically I`m running out of time. I booked the first available flight to Bulgaria which is on Thursday to renew my passport ( I didn`t know that I must have at least 12 months of validity so I`m not prepared). If I get my new passport on Friday It will be almost a miracle to send it with courier the same day. Otherwise I can do this on Monday. Counting the 3 working days for the documents to be send to Bucharest and then another 15 working days for the decision and the visa,plus another 3 working days for the passport to be send back to me the date will be 18th of March. And this is the best case scenario if everything is ok without any delays. So then can I book a ticket in a day and land before 20th?
In the letter from Bucharest VO for the passport request they stated couple of times not to ask or look for the passport before the 15 working days has finished but on the official website they say 10 working days
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

So can I try to send the courier on the 10th day?
I also don`t understand these:

" Collect your passport in person 10 working days after submission, between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 Monday - Thursday;
Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL

If anyone can help please! Or if anyone can suggest how to speed up the process. I`m looking at the option to deliver the passport in person which will cost me a lot of traveling between Cyprus,Bulgaria,Rumania,Cyprus and Rumania again and still not sure if it will be faster but if it`s the better way I`ll do it.

Regards!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Thank you I.N :)

I am confused about how to send my passport. I have to count every day as my medicals will expire on 20th of March which means I have to land before that. So basically I`m running out of time. I booked the first available flight to Bulgaria which is on Thursday to renew my passport ( I didn`t know that I must have at least 12 months of validity so I`m not prepared). If I get my new passport on Friday It will be almost a miracle to send it with courier the same day. Otherwise I can do this on Monday. Counting the 3 working days for the documents to be send to Bucharest and then another 15 working days for the decision and the visa,plus another 3 working days for the passport to be send back to me the date will be 18th of March. And this is the best case scenario if everything is ok without any delays. So then can I book a ticket in a day and land before 20th?
In the letter from Bucharest VO for the passport request they stated couple of times not to ask or look for the passport before the 15 working days has finished but on the official website they say 10 working days
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/romania-roumanie/visas/apply-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d

So can I try to send the courier on the 10th day?
I also don`t understand these:

" Collect your passport in person 10 working days after submission, between the hours of 15:00 and 16:00 Monday - Thursday;
Provide us with a courier way bill to return your passport by courier;
Provide us with an authorization to release your passport to a third-party (PDF * 163 KB);
If you plan to send a courier to collect your passport you must advise us at the time of application which company you are authorizing; or
If you decide to send a courier to collect your passport you must send us an original signed authorization naming the company."

What is this authorization? Do i need to prepare it with a lawyer? I`m planning to send it with DHL

If anyone can help please! Or if anyone can suggest how to speed up the process. I`m looking at the option to deliver the passport in person which will cost me a lot of traveling between Cyprus,Bulgaria,Rumania,Cyprus and Rumania again and still not sure if it will be faster but if it`s the better way I`ll do it.

Regards!
Hello!

First do not stress out, everything is going to be all right.

Now you booked your ticket already for Bulgaria but also you could have had done your passport in one day at your Embassy in the country you are living at this moment. (I did the same, I renewed my passport at the Romanian Embassy in Paris, I used to live there at that moment, you can have it in one day)

If you want to speed up things, you can go in person at the Embassy in Bucharest and drop your passport and pick it up later after a few days or less, Bucharest knows that you have to land before your visa will expire. (I droped my passport into a Friday and Monday it was already stamped, the message you got is an general electronic message I guess, it never takes so long to stamp your passport.)

Even you send your passport by curier I am quite sure they will send it back to you very fast, considering your visa validity.

I know all that takes time and money, the trips, hotel...etc...anyway your plan is good as well: Go back in Bulgaria on Thursday, have your passport done on Friday, send it to Bucharest by curier the same day, go back in the contry you are living at this moment and wait for returning of your passport already stamped...

Good luck! :)

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hey I.N,

I know I`m stressing too much but I can`t help it :D

I can`t make my passport in Cyprus in 1 day, I already have checked that. Here everything is so slow and they don`t have express services. Anyways, finally after I renew my passport in Bulgaria I`m going to Bucharest on Monday to leave the passport in person and coming back to Cyprus. When the passport is ready I guess they will contact me to go again and pick it up. As I understood I have to write my name, file number and mobile number on the envelope with the passport,letter and photos so I guess they will call me when is ready. I hope everything is fine :)

Thanks for your answer, somehow it made me calm!

Good luck to you too and everyone else still going through this battle!

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
My e-cas changed today:

" We received your application for permanent residence on May 4, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 11, 2013.

Medical results have been received."

:)

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
blagogalia said:
My e-cas changed today:

" We received your application for permanent residence on May 4, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 11, 2013.

Medical results have been received."

:)
WOOT :) Lucky you can still access ecas :)

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Hey I.N,

I know I`m stressing too much but I can`t help it :D

I can`t make my passport in Cyprus in 1 day, I already have checked that. Here everything is so slow and they don`t have express services. Anyways, finally after I renew my passport in Bulgaria I`m going to Bucharest on Monday to leave the passport in person and coming back to Cyprus. When the passport is ready I guess they will contact me to go again and pick it up. As I understood I have to write my name, file number and mobile number on the envelope with the passport,letter and photos so I guess they will call me when is ready. I hope everything is fine :)

Thanks for your answer, somehow it made me calm!

Good luck to you too and everyone else still going through this battle!

Hey Blagogalia!

I hope things turned all right for you, exactly as you planed it.

Keep us posted. :)

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hi CharlizeRai and I.N,

So I did as I said. It was a long trip to renew my passport in Bulgaria then travel all night by bus to Romania and yesterday I dropped my passport and photos in the box outside the Canadian embassy. Now I`m back to Cyprus very tired but satisfied waiting for the visa officer to contact me. Will she/he call me or e-mail? If he/she doesn`t I have to go back on 11th of March (this will be the 16th working day since I left the passport) as it is written in their letter to me. I already sold my car but i have some other staff to do here so the time will pass. I wonder what is next after I take my passport back? When landing do I need to make any appointment with visa officer over there?

Regards :)

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
Hey Blagogalia,

Good to hear your passport is renewed! My hubby dropped his passport off, and a week later, they called him saying it was ready for pickup. After you get your passport back, you are pretty much good to go. The permanent residence fee should have been paid by now, so it's just a matter of getting ready to land. You don't need to make an appointment, you just land at whatever port you hit in Canada first. When booking flights, ensure the immigration is open when you arrive. :) Cheers!!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Hi CharlizeRai and I.N,

So I did as I said. It was a long trip to renew my passport in Bulgaria then travel all night by bus to Romania and yesterday I dropped my passport and photos in the box outside the Canadian embassy. Now I`m back to Cyprus very tired but satisfied waiting for the visa officer to contact me. Will she/he call me or e-mail? If he/she doesn`t I have to go back on 11th of March (this will be the 16th working day since I left the passport) as it is written in their letter to me. I already sold my car but i have some other staff to do here so the time will pass. I wonder what is next after I take my passport back? When landing do I need to make any appointment with visa officer over there?

Good to hear as well that your passport is in VO`s `hands`.

As for your questions is pretty much all what Charlize said, Sorry though for your long trip by bus to Bucharest, maybe book a flight next time when you go to pick up your passport.

I hope they will call you soon, they never called me, but they called Charlize...is a big chance they call you considering valadity of your visa.

Congrats once again!

Everything is over now. :)

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Thank you so much CharlizeRai and I.N for the information ans support! This forum helped me a lot to go through this process!

All the best! :)

blagogalia

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hopefully on 01.03.2013
Hey guys :)

I just got an e-mail:

"...Kindly note that your documents are ready. Please make all necessary arrangements for pick-up (monday-thursday 15:00 - 16:00) - in person, or by courier of choice (mandatory 3rd party authorisation letter)"

It was in my spam :)
I think I can finally start the party!!! ;D
Just a quick question. So can I send a courier now after I dropped off my passport in person or I need to go to pick it up again in person? In the previous letter from the VO they say that if I drop it in person I have to take it in person but here they give me the option to arrange a courier...What do you think?

I`m so so so happy!!!! I called my hubby and he is coming in a week!!! ;D

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
blagogalia said:
Hey guys :)

I just got an e-mail:

"...Kindly note that your documents are ready. Please make all necessary arrangements for pick-up (monday-thursday 15:00 - 16:00) - in person, or by courier of choice (mandatory 3rd party authorisation letter)"

It was in my spam :)
I think I can finally start the party!!! ;D
Just a quick question. So can I send a courier now after I dropped off my passport in person or I need to go to pick it up again in person? In the previous letter from the VO they say that if I drop it in person I have to take it in person but here they give me the option to arrange a courier...What do you think?

I`m so so so happy!!!! I called my hubby and he is coming in a week!!! ;D
Lucky you!!!

Isn`t this a great feeling? ;D

Now you have to go back in Bucharest to pick it up, once you droped it in person you have to pick it up in person, the option they give you there is if you have someone knowed to you in Bucharest could go an pick it up in your behalf with a authorisation letter fron you, that it means `mandotory 3rd partie authorisation letter...`

I.N :)