+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Resident Fee-When to Pay?

showell

Aug 17, 2009
Hello, can anyone help me with this general inquiry please:)

If the Right of Permanent Resident Fee of $490 was not paid earlier, can it be done directly at the applicant's country visa office when requested? Would this cause any delay in issuing the visa? I checked eCAS for latest update, no desion has been made & no letter requesting for passport issued. eCAS status is still "In Process", only AOR has been sent recently.

Should I proceed to make the payment now via on-line despite no decision has been made & passport request? Has anyone made payment directly at the visa office at a later date? Please share with me what is the best thing to do now. Many thanks

muppala

Oct 13, 2009
Hello Showell,

You can pay your right of landing fees, online right away, or wait for to be called for passport stamping and pay at the visa office.

For my PR, I have waited until I was called for passport stamping. While I submitted for my spouse, I submitted it in the first itself. If you pay it online, make sure you take a print out of the same and send it with your case file number.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They tell you in the instructions that you can pay the RPR fee upfront with your application or wait until later to pay. However, not submitting the fee initially could mean a 1-2 month delay in processing.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
From what I know, if you pay the RPRF later on, you still have to pay it the same way you paid the initial fees. You send the receipt to Mississauga and also a copy of it to the visa office. That's why it's recommended to pay right away, because if you decide to pay it later on, there will ALWAYS be a delay.

I don't know if you can just pay it before they ask for it. I think technically you should be able to, but just in case something gets misplaced, I'd recommend waiting until they request it, if you've waited this long already.