+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fees

hitman79

Jul 10, 2009
Hi,

I have recieved a letter asking for medical and RPRF. The link (h**p://***.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm) is not working for me. Can anyone tell me as how to submit the fees? and what are the options of sending fees?

Thanks.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hitman79 said:
Hi,

I have recieved a letter asking for medical and RPRF. The link (h**p://***.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm) is not working for me. Can anyone tell me as how to submit the fees? and what are the options of sending fees?

Thanks.

If you are talking about london visa office, check this link:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/fees-frais.aspx

good luck.

hitman79

Jul 10, 2009
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information. I just could not find that page for some reason.

I am assuming that I just have to get a bank draft done from bank and then just post it to the Canadian High Commission in London. Do I have to send anything else to them in respect to the fees?

Thanks,
Imran.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This what is written in the page:

Methods of payment
1.Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a permanent residence application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars. Do not submit cash.

Payment by bank draft, bank cheque or postal order

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

The bank draft, bank cheque or postal order should be made payable to the: RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA

Write your name and address on the back of the bank draft.

Important: Bank drafts / bank cheques have limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office.

This office does NOT accept:

Cash sent by mail or placed in the drop box
Uncertified personal cheques
Company cheques
British pound drafts drawn on foreign banks
Canadian postal orders
Euro-cheques
Credit or debit cards
Canadian dollar drafts where the “clearing bank” is not in Canada (check with your bank if you are unsure)
Currency other than Canadian dollars or British pounds

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Applicants for permanent residence can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490) at the time they submit their application or at a later date when requested. The processing fee is still required when submitting an application.

The following applicants are not required to pay the RPRF:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild;
protected persons, including Convention refugees.