+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoking and reapplying

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
BACKGROUND:
My PR card has expired and have not met the 2 out of 5 years residency requirement (stayed only few days in Canada in 5 years and was mainly in US). I could not immigrate due to work related reasons and also got married later, so my wife's employment and sponsorship also needed to be considered to settle in Canada. Now i am ready to settle in Canada and am in the process of reapplying (as married) and already have my provincial nomination. I recently learnt that my previous PR status (under FSW category) is not automatically canceled if I breach the PR status criteria. Thus, before submitting my second application (under Provincial nomination category) to CIC I plan to revoke my previous PR status. I have a few questions on this regard as follows and hope someone could share their experience or opinions.

QUESTIONS:
1. If I manage to revoke my PR status and send my application to CIC (with my provincial nomination), will my previous application have a negative impact on my new application?

2. Should I write a separate page in the new application describing why I was not able to immigrate OR would it be sufficient to mention that I became landed immigrant in so and so date but could not maintain status due to personal reasons and revoked the PR status on so and so date, but now I intend to settle? Reason I ask is I fear that if the immigration officer is not convinced with my explanation on letter he may reject second application without interview. I have the same fear even if I don't write a letter describing why I did not settle earlier.

I intend to revoke my status new week, so a bit nervous before taking this move and undergoing the risk of reapplying. Please share your suggestions.