+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revoked B1/B2 visa before becoming Canadian citizen

John019

Mar 8, 2024
My family crossed to Canada from US with a B1/B2 visa and claimed asylum (I was a 16 at the time and now we are Canadian citizens). I can cross to the US with my Canadian passport, but I get stopped and pulled into secondary inspection everytime(only happened to my dad, mom, my self and not my siblings who were also minors at the time). CBP officers at the border said our visas got revoked when this happened and I want to know if there's a way to fix this so l don't get stopped every single time because I live on the right next to the US border and cross every day for work(TN status).

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
My family crossed to Canada from US with a B1/B2 visa and claimed asylum (I was a 16 at the time and now we are Canadian citizens). I can cross to the US with my Canadian passport, but I get stopped and pulled into secondary inspection everytime(only happened to my dad, mom, my self and not my siblings who were also minors at the time). CBP officers at the border said our visas got revoked when this happened and I want to know if there's a way to fix this so l don't get stopped every single time because I live on the right next to the US border and cross every day for work(TN status).
This has zero to do with Canada immigration. You need to check with the Americans.