+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review Niagara College

glittering

Jun 30, 2015
I took International Business Management - 1 year Post Graduate Program in Niagara College - NOTL campus.
Here is my summary:

Pros-
1. Niagara Region is calm, if you are coming from a small city , Niagara region is for you, no crime -you can walk alone n no one will bother you,
2. Niagara College provides free Breakfast on Tuesday n Thursday,
3. Staff- NC staff is awesome , they will help you with almost everything, if you have an issue with Tution - they also make easy payment options unlike other colleges in Canada.
4. Curriculum - IBM is super easy program, i got 85% without any books and without studying , i used study 1 day before the exam , i usually go through Powerpoint Presentations. This is very bad for future because i learnt nothing,
5. No Bus Pass: you dont have to pay $100 every month for bus pass, this is a great benefit, you pay $100 for bus pass for two semesters n it is included in the fee.

Cons- This will be interesting- many of you will never face Canada

1: Stupid prof. - Seriously , the quality of professors is very poor, i wont take the name but you will laugh- everything here is reality- @ One of the prof. is giving same class from last 3 years - so every one knows the answers beforehand , students share on emails, and believe me this class test is take home , @ The same prof. will give you open book test in final exam and you can even use Google, if you are still so dumb to find anything he will tell you the answers........@ one of my prof. taught us supply chain , n believe me he was an engineer and he did his MBA as part time , and he had no experience in Supply Chain...lol what a joke. @ there was another prof. who used to tell all the questions day before the exam, and believe me 100% exam was from those questions
2. Curriculum- OMG NC curriculum is so poor, you dont need to study because you will learn same shit that you have learnt in your Bachelors. Do not go to NC
3. Placement Co-ordinator - Placement co-ordinator is a joke , she will never help you to find an internship or co-op, she will keep forwarding you the jobs from indeed.ca , lol as if you do not know about indeed, i found my co-op with so much difficulty. and Hurrah ! you can get your internship waived by showing previous employment letter, n here comes another joke, many Indian n Chinese students got their internship waived off by showing FAKE EMPLOYMENT letters from INDIA n CHINA , i know this because many of my classmates did this.....hahahahahahaha
4. NO JOBS- well you wont find any part time jobs in Niagara region, even if you are able to find one, you will only get 4 to 7 hours in winters , Niagara is a dead town in Winters
5. Poor bus service - St Catharines is the Biggest city in Niagara region, and it has good bus service but no late night service, if you plan to go to Niagara from St Catherines or to Thorold /Welland -forget it because there is no bus inter regional bus service on Sundays n Holidays.........

@@@@@@@@@@@@BELIEVE ME if you want to study for immigration go to SASKATCHWEN or go to AUSTRALIA, australia has very high wage rate and you will get PR easily , and they also renew the work permits , Canada will never renew work permit , you have to go back to your countries n renew the work permit from there...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

worrygal

Nov 5, 2016
Hi, glittering! Are you also an international student? If yes, where are you from? Are you in a PGWP right now? I'm planning to study at Niagara College, January intake PGC Hospitality & Tourism Management. I read and i'm worried because of this post. :eek: Can you gave me any advise? Thank you!

mzlolo

Feb 25, 2017
oh really? I just got admission there? is all this true? i got admission for event management

Ruby 12

Apr 27, 2017
I also applied for Hospitality and tourism management may intake . i applied on 15 march but still no updates ....

Harshi Ramesh

Mar 12, 2018
Hi If anyone can help me out on this,

I have applied to Niagara College for September intake 2018, so after i sent the application they have sent me a Pre admission letter & Instructions and they have told me to pay 1500 CAD. and also that letter states about the semester fee where there are no any due dates. If anyone can tell me about this process and i would like to know after paying 1500 CAD is it sure that we will get an acceptance letter from the college? or by when we will get it.

Your advise is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Harshini Ramesh

karthika2787

Apr 19, 2018
Hi If anyone can help me out on this,

I have applied to Niagara College for September intake 2018, so after i sent the application they have sent me a Pre admission letter & Instructions and they have told me to pay 1500 CAD. and also that letter states about the semester fee where there are no any due dates. If anyone can tell me about this process and i would like to know after paying 1500 CAD is it sure that we will get an acceptance letter from the college? or by when we will get it.

Your advise is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Harshini Ramesh
Hi Harshini,
Did you get any replays for your query, even am in the same stage, please let me also know if you get one.

Thanks & Regards
Karthika

rkpatel

Mar 20, 2018
Hey,
In my case it was different. They directly sent me the LOA. So i am confused that without asking for any 1500CAD is my addmission confirmed ? In my LOA details about the Fees, last date of fees and program duration is mentioned. So should i confirm once by mailing them regarding my acceptance for the course???

Anmol3305

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
I took International Business Management - 1 year Post Graduate Program in Niagara College - NOTL campus.
Here is my summary:

Pros-
1. Niagara Region is calm, if you are coming from a small city , Niagara region is for you, no crime -you can walk alone n no one will bother you,
2. Niagara College provides free Breakfast on Tuesday n Thursday,
3. Staff- NC staff is awesome , they will help you with almost everything, if you have an issue with Tution - they also make easy payment options unlike other colleges in Canada.
4. Curriculum - IBM is super easy program, i got 85% without any books and without studying , i used study 1 day before the exam , i usually go through Powerpoint Presentations. This is very bad for future because i learnt nothing,
5. No Bus Pass: you dont have to pay $100 every month for bus pass, this is a great benefit, you pay $100 for bus pass for two semesters n it is included in the fee.

Cons- This will be interesting- many of you will never face Canada

1: Stupid prof. - Seriously , the quality of professors is very poor, i wont take the name but you will laugh- everything here is reality- @ One of the prof. is giving same class from last 3 years - so every one knows the answers beforehand , students share on emails, and believe me this class test is take home , @ The same prof. will give you open book test in final exam and you can even use Google, if you are still so dumb to find anything he will tell you the answers........@ one of my prof. taught us supply chain , n believe me he was an engineer and he did his MBA as part time , and he had no experience in Supply Chain...lol what a joke. @ there was another prof. who used to tell all the questions day before the exam, and believe me 100% exam was from those questions
2. Curriculum- OMG NC curriculum is so poor, you dont need to study because you will learn same shit that you have learnt in your Bachelors. Do not go to NC
3. Placement Co-ordinator - Placement co-ordinator is a joke , she will never help you to find an internship or co-op, she will keep forwarding you the jobs from indeed.ca , lol as if you do not know about indeed, i found my co-op with so much difficulty. and Hurrah ! you can get your internship waived by showing previous employment letter, n here comes another joke, many Indian n Chinese students got their internship waived off by showing FAKE EMPLOYMENT letters from INDIA n CHINA , i know this because many of my classmates did this.....hahahahahahaha
4. NO JOBS- well you wont find any part time jobs in Niagara region, even if you are able to find one, you will only get 4 to 7 hours in winters , Niagara is a dead town in Winters
5. Poor bus service - St Catharines is the Biggest city in Niagara region, and it has good bus service but no late night service, if you plan to go to Niagara from St Catherines or to Thorold /Welland -forget it because there is no bus inter regional bus service on Sundays n Holidays.........

@@@@@@@@@@@@BELIEVE ME if you want to study for immigration go to SASKATCHWEN or go to AUSTRALIA, australia has very high wage rate and you will get PR easily , and they also renew the work permits , Canada will never renew work permit , you have to go back to your countries n renew the work permit from there...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Niagara is best college...

Anmol3305

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
u
Hey, what is the part time job scenario there. I mean is it really hard to find one or its just a myth. ?
can find....even i know many students who r studying there nd doing part time jobs...it takes time in starting..but u will find