Hi All,

Thanks

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran007 said:
Hi All,

I have applied for citizenship. I am planning to return back to India after getting canadian citizenship. I would like to know what would be the effects in India because of my Canadian citizenship.

1. Will i be eligible for all jobs there as i am born Indian?

2. Can i buy property in india on my name?

3. Do i have to pay taxes there as i would be an expat?

4. If i return back to canada after couple of years; then would i be eligible for all the benefits?

Any other information related to this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
1. OCI does not allow govt jobs, voting or holding office
2. You can buy property on your name. But the property cannot be govt subsidized residential layouts or agricultural lands.
3. In India you pay tax based on your income level. So your OCI will not affect you and Yes you will have to pay tax.
4. In Canada you will have all the benefits. OHIP will alone kick in after the 150 days of residency.

Also if you want to resume your Indian citizenship. I you stayed in India for 5 years then you can apply for Indian citizenship again. At that point you will have to renounce Canadian citizenship

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
imran007 said:
Hi All,

I have applied for citizenship. I am planning to return back to India after getting canadian citizenship. I would like to know what would be the effects in India because of my Canadian citizenship.

4. If i return back to canada after couple of years; then would i be eligible for all the benefits?

Thanks
I have no idea of how things work in India, so I cannot answer your question but I have a rhetorical question for you. Why are are you doing this? You make things difficult for people coming behind you, you are one of the reason why CIC is going crazy, imagine Chris Alexandria reading this . . . From your post it seem the reason you applied for Canadian citizenship is for the benefits (Your number 4 question). You want the benefits in India and at the same time in Canada. Don't know who you are but its better you focus on where to call home and stop chasing 2 rats at the same time. Life is too short to keep moving here and there . . .

Sorry for my unwarranted . . .

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
notalawyer said:
I have no idea of how things work in India, so I cannot answer your question but I have a rhetorical question for you. Why are are you doing this? You make things difficult for people coming behind you, you are one of the reason why CIC is going crazy, imagine Chris Alexandria reading this . . . From your post it seem the reason you applied for Canadian citizenship is for the benefits (Your number 4 question). You want the benefits in India and at the same time in Canada. Don't know who you are but its better you focus on where to call home and stop chasing 2 rats at the same time. Life is too short to keep moving here and there . . .

Sorry for my unwarranted . . .
You do not know his situation. He could have very many reasons to move back. Please do not judge people. He is not doing anything illegal. Forum is there to give advise and suggestion.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran007 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Then people ask why the cons changed the law.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
I'm telling you they would have changed it no matter what. It was not because of one person seeing his options. Not that I support but I don't judge. He may have an ailing family member.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
I'm telling you they would have changed it no matter what. It was not because of one person seeing his options. Not that I support but I don't judge. He may have an ailing family member.
It was just an opinion.

I saw your signature, did you take your test before CIC checking your RQ answer ?

Thanks,

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
It was just an opinion.

I saw your signature, did you take your test before CIC checking your RQ answer ?

Thanks,
Yes. The file was transferred to St.Clair after my test. So will have to wait for don't know how long.

Deepak K

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
imran007 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
If you have kids than do research about there education as for foreigner even primary and secondary education is very costly in good private school

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
chikloo said:
You do not know his situation. He could have very many reasons to move back. Please do not judge people. He is not doing anything illegal. Forum is there to give advise and suggestion.
Hey, far be it that I judge someone that I do not know the his/her situation aside from what was posted (you should read the post again). I am not judging him or her and if my post sound so, I apologize. People have myriads of reasons to leave a country and to go live in another. And if you read my post very well - It is actually an advice not a judgement. I bet the people at CIC will like to tweet the situation like this to promote their work. Lastly, contrary to your opinion about the forum, my belief is that the forum is to give good and legit. advice, not a way to game systems.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Zumba369 said:
After the law change, do you think people will be less likely to leave after getting Canadian citizenship, or more likely? Or the same? ;)

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
What is OHIK ? thats applies after 150 days ?

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:
Yes. The file was transferred to St.Clair after my test. So will have to wait for don't know how long.
Why they tranfer your file from one office to another? Because of the RQ?

Thanks,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aries9811 said:
What is OHIK ? thats applies after 150 days ?
OHIP - Ontario Health Insurance Plan - there is a 3-month (90 day) waiting period (not 150 days) when you first move (back ) to Ontario. (Each province has its own rules).

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran007 said:

Thanks
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/services/pensions/oas/pension/index.shtml

For OAS, you need to have lived here for 20 years if you want to claim it while living outside Canada, and 10 years if you want to claim it while living in Canada.