+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning to Canada with citizenship certificate

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
going to america by road with foreign passport... my passport has a landed immigrant stamp.

when im returning to canada will they let me in with citizenship certificate and the foreign passport. havent had chance to apply for passport and my trip is urgent.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the citizenship certificate is NOT an identity document NOR a travel document.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
chibiks said:
going to america by road with foreign passport... my passport has a landed immigrant stamp.

when im returning to canada will they let me in with citizenship certificate and the foreign passport. havent had chance to apply for passport and my trip is urgent.
You must go with a personal car, not a commercial mean of transport such a bus or train.
Never tried a citizenship certificate but it definitely works with your immigration landing focument (I tried it in the past) the IMMsomething...

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:

http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng

"Entry into Canada from the USA

Though the preferred travel document for all travellers is a passport, please note that Canadian citizens may enter Canada by personal motor vehicle with proof of Canadian citizenship (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate) plus a valid government-issued photo ID (ex. state or provincial driver's license)."

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
alphazip said:
http://can-am.gc.ca/consular_services_consulaires/border-frontiere.aspx?lang=eng

"Entry into Canada from the USA

Though the preferred travel document for all travellers is a passport, please note that Canadian citizens may enter Canada by personal motor vehicle with proof of Canadian citizenship (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship certificate) plus a valid government-issued photo ID (ex. state or provincial driver's license)."
This.

But please note the emphasis on the "personal motor vehicle" part. You cannot use commercial transportation.