+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada from US by plane without PR card, but already done soft landing

mariano5

Feb 23, 2022
I did my soft landing in late September as an outland PR through spouse.
I am still waiting for my actually PR card to be sent, they said on Sept 1st that it would be about 40-60days.
I have my COPR
I am going to the USA for a few weeks at the start of November and planning on flying back into Vancouver, however am worried about being able to get on the plane.
I've read from others that if I can get into Canada the CBSA should let me through no worries usually.
But do you think it will be an issue getting on the plane? I selected "no secondary document" going through the Airline's passport and visa information section.
I will be flying with United Airlines.

Any info would be great, thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am still waiting for my actually PR card to be sent, they said on Sept 1st that it would be about 40-60days.
I have my COPR
I am going to the USA for a few weeks at the start of November and planning on flying back into Vancouver, however am worried about being able to get on the plane.
I've read from others that if I can get into Canada the CBSA should let me through no worries usually.
But do you think it will be an issue getting on the plane? I selected "no secondary document" going through the Airline's passport and visa information section.

If you're travelling on a US passport, you should be fine.

Any other, most likely you will not be allowed on the plane. Cross at a land border and no problem.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have my COPR

Depends on what passport you hold. If you are a US citizen, you're good.

What airline you will be flying is irrelevant.