+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada as a Visitor after a withdrawn refugee claim

Natasha_78

Apr 28, 2011
Does anyone know if you try to come to Canada as a visitor (from a visa exempt country) if you will have problems at the port of entry? What if you come without a return plane ticket will this cause problems at the port of entry?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Natasha_78 said:
Does anyone know if you try to come to Canada as a visitor (from a visa exempt country) if you will have problems at the port of entry? What if you come without a return plane ticket will this cause problems at the port of entry?
Probably find yourself on the next plane back.

almis1

May 3, 2011
Withdraw refugee claim

I am looking for information as I am a refugee claimant but I want to go back to my country. I have two daughters 13 months and 2 months old they where born in Canada, if someone could give me information about what to do to be able to take them with me and how long does it take. My husband is not going with me as he cannot go back to our country.

any information I really appreciate it.
thank you

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Re: Withdraw refugee claim

almis1 said:
I am looking for information as I am a refugee claimant but I want to go back to my country. I have two daughters 13 months and 2 months old they where born in Canada, if someone could give me information about what to do to be able to take them with me and how long does it take. My husband is not going with me as he cannot go back to our country.

any information I really appreciate it.
thank you
If you are a refugee claimant, won't it be dangerous to go back to your Country? Why would you risk your children's lives to go back to somewhere you are claiming refugee status from?

I am sorry but I find this whole refugee claim stuff very confusing. I thought people claimed refugee status when they were afraid to live in their Countries of origin because of death or imprisonment.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005

Hi

angelbrat said:
If you are a refugee claimant, won't it be dangerous to go back to your Country? Why would you risk your children's lives to go back to somewhere you are claiming refugee status from?

I am sorry but I find this whole refugee claim stuff very confusing. I thought people claimed refugee status when they were afraid to live in their Countries of origin because of death or imprisonment.

Correct me if I am wrong please.
For some claimants it is a way to remain in Canada and work while the "claims" wends it's way through the system.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009

PMM said:
Hi

For some claimants it is a way to remain in Canada and work while the "claims" wends it's way through the system.

ahhhhhhh....now it is starting to make sense.......thank you dear hubby to be ;D