+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returning back to canada

Fiore

Nov 10, 2009
Hi everyone..

I was wondering whether someone would help me. i was living with my partner in canada for five months on a visitor status but as my visa expired i left the country for a month to visit my family.

Now that I am coming back I am afraid they may deny my entry. I haven't worked or done anything wrong while in Canada but I read in some questions in the forum sometimes that you can only be in Canada for 6 month a year. So, my question is: can i return after one month? If so, should I tell them that while I'm there my partner and I plan to apply for commonlaw sponsorship or that I am just visiting my partner?

I am an Italian/Argentinian citizen, entering canada with the italian passport but applying through the Argentine office.

Any word of advice will be greatly appreciated since I'm panicking that i may not be accepted into Canada.

Thank you!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Fiore said:
Hi everyone..

I was wondering whether someone would help me. i was living with my partner in canada for five months on a visitor status but as my visa expired i left the country for a month to visit my family.

Now that I am coming back I am afraid they may deny my entry. I haven't worked or done anything wrong while in Canada but I read in some questions in the forum sometimes that you can only be in Canada for 6 month a year. So, my question is: can i return after one month? If so, should I tell them that while I'm there my partner and I plan to apply for commonlaw sponsorship or that I am just visiting my partner?

I am an Italian/Argentinian citizen, entering canada with the italian passport but applying through the Argentine office.

Any word of advice will be greatly appreciated since I'm panicking that i may not be accepted into Canada.

Thank you!
It is completely up to the immigration officer at the border whether or not to let you in. Just be informative and honest with them and you should be fine.