+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Incomplete Application

anngmeow

Apr 11, 2015
Hi all,

My citizenship application recently got returned because I was missing one of the check boxes on the main application form.
My question is that should I just check the box and send it back or should I print another copy? They've already stapled my photos and stamped dates on the first page of the form...

Thanks!

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
anngmeow said:
Hi all,

My citizenship application recently got returned because I was missing one of the check boxes on the main application form.
My question is that should I just check the box and send it back or should I print another copy? They've already stapled my photos and stamped dates on the first page of the form...

Thanks!
could you tell us which question you did not check it? how long it takes to get your application back?

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anngmeow said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Check the box (if that is all that is requested) and re-send the same stamped application...
If I were you, I would add a cover letter stating something like " [...] I am sending back my application after I have checked the box at....page.... as per your request [...]"

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Such returned applications will be tragic for Bill C24 cuspians.

AsianIndian said:
Check the box (if that is all that is requested) and re-send the same stamped application...
If I were you, I would add a cover letter stating something like " [...] I am sending back my application after I have checked the box at....page.... as per your request [...]"

sunnyjupiter

Apr 4, 2015
If I were you,I will send a new application with the old one
That will never hurt

;)
anngmeow said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
anngmeow said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Ideally, check the check box and mail I back with a cover letter. However it also depends on which checkbox - if this is sufficient or addl documentation is required to be attached. If you may tell what was missed, you can be advised accurately.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
anngmeow said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
usually with the returned application there would be a letter stating what to do. Please check that.

Here is another link for your reference:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Guidelines
Using the same application
It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit or to re-sign and redate an application every time an application is returned for incompleteness. If an application is signed and dated, not postdated or staledated, it is considered “locked-in”. The “lock-in” date is used to maintain, for example, the original residence calculation and to avoid a negative impact on children turning 18 years of age while their application or those of family members are returned as being incomplete. Therefore, the applicant(s) may provide the missing information and/or documentation and resubmit the same application.

By the way, what did you forget to check mark?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
If you send a new application, you can put the new date (of when you send it), increasing your residency. Which of course, also mean that you would need to print out the new residency calculator as well

Ray

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just check the ones missing or which were required/stated on the CIC enclosed letter. Then mail it back. Make it easier on your part. Follow the instruction on that letter. I think you need to attach that CIC letter upon mailing it back.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just check the ones missing or which were required/stated on the CIC enclosed letter. Then mail it back. Make it easier on your part. Follow the instruction on that letter. I think you need to attach that CIC letter upon mailing it back.
Do you have to send in another document checklist, noticed on return of my application that did not send back the document checklist?