+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application...what do to next?

Cheeny Chot

Jul 19, 2013
I'd like to start a new topic regarding returned applications since that's my dilemma right now. I have some questions as to what to do next. So to start off, here's my timeline so far...

Category: Provincial Nominee thru SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program):

April 2011: application papers sent to SINP
March 2013: SINP asked for additional requirements
March 2013: provincial nomination approved
May 2013: sent federal documents & application papers to CIC CIO Nova Scotia
July 2013: received returned documents & application papers from CIC CIO Nova Scotia due to lacking form

It says in the letter... "As your application does not meet the requirements of R10 of IRPA, it is incomplete. It is being returned to you for this reason. Your application fee was not processed and is also being returned to you."

When I browsed through the forms there were some correction on my Generic Application Form (IMM0008) and I noticed that they placed a UCI number on the form. My question is: If I fill out a new Generic form with the proper corrections, do I also put in the UCI number that they placed on my previous form? Or do I still leave it blank and have CIC fill it out?

Thank you in advance for those who can answer my question. I'm hoping this thread can also be used by other applicants who have a similar situation with other questions/concerns regarding their returned application.

Let's all hope for the best! Thanks and good day!

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I believe you should leave that space for CIO to fill up as it's a returned application and they want you to resubmit a fresh one.
UCI is client ID but still it's their official documentation so should be left for them to do.
A friend of mine had a birth certificate issued from Indian embassy in Canada, which was accepted by PNP but got rejected by CIO therefore his file was returned to him 2 months later. He was also asked to resubmit a fresh one.
-Radium

tashadeguzman

Jul 23, 2013
Hi to everyone, new to this forum. Just have a question regarding returned applications.

We got nominated by the MPNP but the CIC returned our documents for being incomplete. I am only missing one signature in the whole application, do I have to reprint everything or can I send it as is, with the blank part now filled out? I'm not sure about reprinting it because I would lose the bar codes which are exclusive to this particular application. I was thinking that the only page I have to redo is the payment form, which they did not process, as my application was incomplete. Another question is regarding the Manitoba Provincial Nominee sticker that you affix to the envelope that you send to the CIC. They sent me the part of the envelope that I sent with the sticker on it. I take it that that I have to attach this on the outside part of the new application?

Really need some clarification about this. Thanks in advance.

anser0131

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-11-2012
Nomination.....
13-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013 "Med Received" 11-04-2013 "In Process" 10-05-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-07-2013 "Decision Made" 08-07-2013
UCI is your client ID, it should be filled by you not CIC. The client ID should be on your work permit/study permit or even your temporary entry VISA. UCI is the only ID they can identify you through their system BEFORE you receive a file number unless you never received a work permit/study permit/VISA.

If you still leave it out this time, your application will be returned no doubt.

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
anser0131 said:
UCI is your client ID, it should be filled by you not CIC. The client ID should be on your work permit/study permit or even your temporary entry VISA. UCI is the only ID they can identify you through their system BEFORE you receive a file number unless you never received a work permit/study permit/VISA.

If you still leave it out this time, your application will be returned no doubt.
if they refuse application before processing then why they put uci on it is that the case with FSW as well

abhishek66

Dec 9, 2013
Visa Office......
Cpc mississauga
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2002
Doc's Request.
same day
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
submitted same day
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
na
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
no
my file returned by cic after 5 monts and said its due to capping. bt the didn't put any uci no on my file

Kingjames0006

Mar 22, 2014
hi to all,i just want to ask if an application is returned will CIC send an email to the applicant saying his or her application is returned due to reasons? thanks

Adi7

Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Sept 26,2014
Kingjames0006 said:
hi to all,i just want to ask if an application is returned will CIC send an email to the applicant saying his or her application is returned due to reasons? thanks
You will not receive any email regarding your returned application.

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
my file returned by cic after 5 monts and said its due to capping. bt the didn't put any uci no on my file
Capping???? Please explain. 5months is a long time... did you try to contact them during that time?