+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application lost in post

psquared

Feb 10, 2014
Hey

A little distressed because after months of hassling immigration on the the whereabouts of my application they tell it was posted back to me on Jan 9th. It is now Feb 10th and I have not received my documentation back. A fairly generic email tells me that all applications are returned regular mail and have no tracking number and are now the responsibility of Canada Post. That application contained my wife and I's entire identity as well all the original document that I required to apply. I also cannot re apply as the reason for the returned application was contained in a letter with my application. I have spoken to Canada post and they cant help as there is no tracking number. Anyone had an experience of this or know of others who had this happen.

iKhalid

Jan 16, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC on 22-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's Received: 14-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2014
I hope you get your docs back at least. I know it's not a good time to tell you this, but try to use Xpresspost when you're dealing with CIC next time.

Good luck!

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
iKhalid said:
I hope you get your docs back at least. I know it's not a good time to tell you this, but try to use Xpresspost when you're dealing with CIC next time.

Good luck!
Sometimes, they will still send docs back via regular mail even when you include a self addressed return courier envelope. It has happened to me almost every time since I have been applying/extending study permits and now even for my AOR that I received. All I can say is good luck OP! it looks like your options for recourse are limited

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
psquared said:
Hey

A little distressed because after months of hassling immigration on the the whereabouts of my application they tell it was posted back to me on Jan 9th. It is now Feb 10th and I have not received my documentation back. A fairly generic email tells me that all applications are returned regular mail and have no tracking number and are now the responsibility of Canada Post. That application contained my wife and I's entire identity as well all the original document that I required to apply. I also cannot re apply as the reason for the returned application was contained in a letter with my application. I have spoken to Canada post and they cant help as there is no tracking number. Anyone had an experience of this or know of others who had this happen.
You might still be able to get some details regarding why they returned the application if you apply for GCMS notes.

In future use XpressPost. Also, since your complete identity is lost, I suggest you monitor your credit report (and your wife's) for the next year at least. You are eligible for a free credit report from the two consumer agencies operating in Canada and you can always purchase them from their websites as well for immediate access.

psquared

Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for the credit tip. The irony is that I included a return courier envelope. This is response I got

Please note: all returned applications are sent via regular mail to the mailing address as entered on the application package. There is no tracking number. Once the application is mailed, its delivery is the responsibility of the postal service. Applications are not sent via courier.

So that was a waste of money. If my identity is lost i'm seriously contemplating legal action as that level of irresponsibility from a immigration service is unacceptable.

Can you give me more information on GCMS notes, how do you go about applying for that information.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
psquared said:
Thanks for the credit tip. The irony is that I included a return courier envelope. This is response I got

Please note: all returned applications are sent via regular mail to the mailing address as entered on the application package. There is no tracking number. Once the application is mailed, its delivery is the responsibility of the postal service. Applications are not sent via courier.

So that was a waste of money. If my identity is lost i'm seriously contemplating legal action as that level of irresponsibility from a immigration service is unacceptable.

Can you give me more information on GCMS notes, how do you go about applying for that information.
Np. You can read more about GCMS here:

http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/what-does-gcms-stand-for-how-do-i-apply.html

And apply here:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Vik1112

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF & Biodata 23-12-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
I'm afraid GCMS notes may not be available to you if your application was returned before you received AOR, which means no file was created.

beireefer

Oct 18, 2014
I'm having the same problem, application returned, been around 7 months now and no sign of the returned application, emails unanswered..