Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
In my returned application, I could see that they have marked as a tick mark towards all the entry which I have filled.

In the "Generic Application Form for Canada", under "Immigration Office requested for processing this application" I have filled India. Across that they have written CPR. What does they mean? Is this something incorrect I filled.

Please help guys. What should I do when I fill the next application to re-apply.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
New Delhi is the visa office responsible for PR applications in India:

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Not sure what 'CPR' means tho, sorry. Maybe anyone else?
Could not find it here:

>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.0.html

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveenkumarsr said:
In my returned application, I could see that they have marked as a tick mark towards all the entry which I have filled.

In the "Generic Application Form for Canada", under "Immigration Office requested for processing this application" I have filled India. Across that they have written CPR. What does they mean? Is this something incorrect I filled.

Please help guys. What should I do when I fill the next application to re-apply.
No matter where you apply from...India or Canada or any country all the cec applications are processed at CPP-Ottawa, So I thing they have striked-off India and writter CPP-Ottawa..... So next time you send the application write CASE PROCESSION POILOT -OTTAWA and send the application to Sydney-nova scotia

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
honeysingh said:
No matter where you apply from...India or Canada or any country all the cec applications are processed at CPP-Ottawa, So I thing they have striked-off India and writter CPP-Ottawa..... So next time you send the application write CASE PROCESSION POILOT -OTTAWA and send the application to Sydney-nova scotia
But the instruction in the cic site doesn't say to fill CPP-Ottawa. It requests to fill the country of residence or where you want the application to be processed. I am currently in India. So I filled New Delhi as per the instructions. So should I change? Will it not impact?

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveenkumarsr said:
But the instruction in the cic site doesn't say to fill CPP-Ottawa. It requests to fill the country of residence or . I am currently in India. So I filled New Delhi as per the instructions. So should I change? Will it not impact?
Cec applications are only processed only at CPP-Ottawa & Sydney, NS
country of residence INDIA
where you want the application to be processed CPP-OTTAWA
YES, you have to change that to CPP-Ottawa from newdelhi...

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
honeysingh said:
Cec applications are only processed only at CPP-Ottawa & Sydney, NS
country of residence INDIA
where you want the application to be processed CPP-OTTAWA
YES, you have to change that to CPP-Ottawa from newdelhi...
Honeysingh, thanks for taking time and responding to my queries. But the instruction guide says as below.

Question 4
Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
•your country of nationality, or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

Note: If you are applying for refugee protection from within Canada, this question does not apply to you. Go to Question 5.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

If I am not wrong, doesn't that say it should be filled as New Delhi, India ?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Praveen,

Just a quick advice bro...Honey Singh is right...i know it is mentioned there not to write CPP-O but trust me..i have been there, done that...you have to mention CPP-O and send the file to Sydney,NS...i know it sounds weird but that's how the system has been working...at least for me-successfully...Good Luck my friend...

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
Hey!
I ordered GCMS notes and I saw that the offer also crossed the office of process that I put and wrote "CPR", I want to guess that that is Ottawa.
From what I learned is that, if you are applying from within Canada, you need to put CPP-Ottawa.
If you are applying from outside Canada, you put the visa office that serves applications from your country.
I read in another forum that they will send it to Ottawa regardless of what you put as the visa office to process your application, if they see that your address is in Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
That's what I found about CPR on CIC website:

1. CPR = Conditional Permanent Resident >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp
2. CPR = Centralized Processing Region

8)

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
iam_toby said:
That's what I found about CPR on CIC website:

1. CPR = Conditional Permanent Resident >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp
2. CPR = Centralized Processing Region

8)
It will be the 2nd option as in my favour :)
Why should it be a Conditional PR because I am not yet PR holder ;)

Thanks toby!

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Arhaan said:
Hey Praveen,

Just a quick advice bro...Honey Singh is right...i know it is mentioned there not to write CPP-O but trust me..i have been there, done that...you have to mention CPP-O and send the file to Sydney,NS...i know it sounds weird but that's how the system has been working...at least for me-successfully...Good Luck my friend...
Thanks Arhaan! I came across that scenario in the recent applicants. But I am thinking to go as per the instruction guide in the CIC website and it doesn't say to fill in CPP-O straightaway. So let's go as per the instruction and CIC can manage because they will know it is as per the instruction.

Thanks Kaytea!

Arhaan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
praveenkumarsr said:
Thanks Arhaan! I came across that scenario in the recent applicants. But I am thinking to go as per the instruction guide in the CIC website and it doesn't say to fill in CPP-O straightaway. So let's go as per the instruction and CIC can manage because they will know it is as per the instruction.

Thanks Kaytea!
Good Luck!!! Hope everything gets done smoothly.. :)

kaanva

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
09-02-2013
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
3 Jan 2013
Praveen,
I have filed my Application from India and I have chose New Delhi as my Visa Office. I have applied in Dec 2012.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
praveenkumarsr said:
It will be the 2nd option as in my favour :)
Why should it be a Conditional PR because I am not yet PR holder ;)

Thanks toby!
Ya, no worries. I was just checking CIC for possible meanings 8) 8)