+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return to my country after withdrawn refugee claim

M

ml5500

Hi everyone,

So, I'm a Croatian citizen and I withdrew my refugee claim about a week ago at the airport in Toronto. I will have an appointment soon, where I'm supposed to get all my documents back and show my flight ticket to be able to return to my country I came from, which is Switzerland. I don't have a Swiss citizenship however and I want to travel first to London and then from there to Switzerland because of the cost of the ticket. But I'm not sure whether the flight has to be direct to Switzerland or if it can be a connected flight. The lowest cost for the ticket would be, when I first travel to London, UK and from there to Switzerland. In about a week I will have to go to the airport and show my ticket, so I have to book the flight as soon as possible.
There is no visitor's visa required for Croatian cizitens to travel to England or Switzerland.

Thanks for answers.

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
eeej
oprosti sto vako upadam ali ...
i kako ti se cini toronto ???opcenito ???
pozz

Natasha_78

Apr 28, 2011
Speaking from past experience, my brother in law also a Croatian Citizen withdrew his refugee claim Dec 2010 - he lives in Croatia so he had to get a flight to Croatia. He originally was going to go to Germany, hang out with friends and than drive to Croatia but they said no. He had to fly into Croatia. He had to board an Air Canada flight (immigration had to clear his travel with Air Canada), he appeared at the immigration office at Pearson they gave him a copy of his passport with a letter which he used as his ID and boarded a flight to Frankfurt, got off that plane and boarded another flight to Split. He used the photocopy of his passport to board the flight in Germany. Once he arrived in Split, he got off the flight and the cops were waiting for him. They approached him, took him into their office and took his picture and fingerprints. The Croatian cops told him that they were informed of his arrival and were given instructions to hand over his passport once proof of him entering Croatia occurred. The reason they make you go back to your country is because Canada doesn't want you shipped back...this is what would happen if the country you choose to land it refused to allow you into their country, basically at the port of entry in that specific country they can deny you entry which means that you would be put back on the next flight out to Canada and Canada doesn't want you.

Now I don't know what will happen if you decide to ever visit Canada again...would love to know if anyone has come back into Canada as a visitor after they withdrew their refugee claim.