+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RETURN TICKET

boy123

May 26, 2009
will purchasing a return ticket increase my friends chances of her receiving a visitor's visa?..she is applying for a visitor's visa from philippines, can any of you guys give me any examples if u did purchase a return ticket to receive your visitors visa..

thank u.. any comments would be much appreciated

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
No a purchasing ticket does not guarantee to grant him/her a visa.
You need to send an invitation letter and your friend must have a $$$$ at the bank. She needs to show them that she can support herself and if she is your gf the chances are very slim to receive a visitor visa.
Also she can provide a letter from her employer if she is working that she intends to return back to her job.

boy123

May 26, 2009
we were old friends since we were kids..
so she will have the following things ready for her application:

1. letter of invitation (stating that i will provide financial support/nd dat she will stay with me)
2. letter from her employer stating that she will return to her job
3. receipts for her training seminars in philippines as proof that she will return to her country
4. her family also runs a business in the philippines, so she can also provide proof that she will need to go back to that business once she is done her visit
5. return ticket

anything else i can add to improve her chances of receiving a visitors visa? and on a side note, does the letter of invitation have to be notarized?..thx

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Letter of invitation must be notorized.
If she have all what you had mentioned I will say she had a good chance but mostly she has to convince them during the interview. In most cases that I read through this forum they are refusing them but good luck!!! Only if she is refused $75.00 is not refundable.

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
When we applied, we only showed our certificate of employment, bank certificate, nso, invitation letter.

The invitation letter was not notarized.

We were able to get a multiple entry visa.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
i guess it wasn't requested notarized but I did it anyways just because I felt it was more legitimate.

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
I am a Filipino. My husband and I applied in the Philippines.

NSO - National Statistics Office birth certificate and marriage certificate.

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
As for the bank certificate, it depends on what will the invitation letter say. If it says there that the accommodation and some other needs will be provided by the person who she will be visiting then she does not have to show a lot of money.

In our case, our invitation letter says that we will be staying with my aunt`s family and they will provide everything we need. We had about PhP 600,000.00 We didnt purchase any tickets when we applied.

Hope this helps.

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@babycake

good day! just wanna ask your opinion regarding my application for tourist visa....i passed my documents last week and now im waiting for that to be returned and hoping ill get a visa again....i've been to canada once (2002) and now im applying again for single entry...these are the documents i submitted: i have a notarized letter of invitation from a friend, i also attached her xerox citizen ship card and passport, my business name certificate, ITR(income tax return), my part-time job cert as sales associate, bank cert,passbook, old passport with canada visa, and my old tickets during my trip....haaaayyyy...i'm just hoping that when the courier knocks on our door, he have my docs and mypassport with a visa again.....im just worried on what will be the result....what do u think are my chances? i just wanna go back there and visit my friend and re-visit Niagara falls...but this time i want to see it during night time...sounds cool! .....thanks thanks!!!! God bless....

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
cutex79 said:
@babycake

good day! just wanna ask your opinion regarding my application for tourist visa....i passed my documents last week and now im waiting for that to be returned and hoping ill get a visa again....i've been to canada once (2002) and now im applying again for single entry...these are the documents i submitted: i have a notarized letter of invitation from a friend, i also attached her xerox citizen ship card and passport, my business name certificate, ITR(income tax return), my part-time job cert as sales associate, bank cert,passbook, old passport with canada visa, and my old tickets during my trip....haaaayyyy...i'm just hoping that when the courier knocks on our door, he have my docs and mypassport with a visa again.....im just worried on what will be the result....what do u think are my chances? i just wanna go back there and visit my friend and re-visit Niagara falls...but this time i want to see it during night time...sounds cool! .....thanks thanks!!!! God bless....

Hi cutex79,

I assume that when you went here before you didnt overstay, right? As long as you have all the documents and you have established ties to your home country, you will be granted one.

When we applied in December 2008, it only took as less than 2 weeks to get the visa.

I'm sure going to hear from them first or second week of June.

Good luck and God bless you.

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks babycakes! you're right...i didn't overstay during my 1st visit...i was given 4 months but then i stayed for 21 days only...hoping n praying by next week ill have a visa again....thanks a lot and ill tell u if i got one again...TC....=)