+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return after landing & applying for PR Travel Document

redhilltree

Jul 14, 2016
Hi all,

We are about to make our first landing on Monday 19th and have planned to give a friend's address for the PR cards to be sent. The thing is I will have to return to India before we receive the PR card. I have two options

1. To remain in India till Dec when my friend will come and he can hand over our PR cards personally to me.
2. To apply for PR travel document and return with it after my work here somewhere by mid November.

I want your help in understanding how difficult is getting a PR travel document if I were to go with option 2, since getting back sooner is a preference.

Thanks a lot in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
redhilltree said:
Hi all,

We are about to make our first landing on Monday 19th and have planned to give a friend's address for the PR cards to be sent. The thing is I will have to return to India before we receive the PR card. I have two options

1. To remain in India till Dec when my friend will come and he can hand over our PR cards personally to me.
2. To apply for PR travel document and return with it after my work here somewhere by mid November.

I want your help in understanding how difficult is getting a PR travel document if I were to go with option 2, since getting back sooner is a preference.

Thanks a lot in advance
Why not use a courier service, such as FedEx? It's perfectly legal to send PR cards. OK, there is a higher level of risk of loss but it's not that high.

redhilltree

Jul 14, 2016
zardoz said:
Why not use a courier service, such as FedEx? It's perfectly legal to send PR cards. OK, there is a higher level of risk of loss but it's not that high.
That is an option but I really do not want to take that chance. I want to know how complicated a process it would be to get a PR Travel Document once we return.