+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resubmission of documents

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
Hello guys,
I applied for immigration in skilled worker to canada in 16th aug 2006, to canadian consulate, sydney. Today I received a letter from them

"With current case volumes processing times for immigrant applications in the Economic Classes have lengthened and some of the documents you provided with your initial application may now be out of date.

As assessment of your application by a visa officer will commence shortly.

This letter provides you an opportunity to update your file with any new or additional information that you wish to have reviewed by the visa officer as part of your selection assessment. You need only provide updates between when you submitted your application and now.

Please provide for review:
1. Complete and signed the enclosed oritinal IMM0008, Schedule 1, Additional Family information applications.
2. Updated Schedule 3 form for you to complete and return.
3. Any updated employment experience.
4. Any updated education documents
5. Updated settlement funds
6. A more recent test results from the IELTS or TEF as applicable
7. Any new visa or status document which has been issued to you to remain in Australia,..
8. Submit updated identification photographs as per the enclosed photograph specifications for accompanying dependents.
9. Any additional changes to your situation.

Any additional documents you wish to have included in your assessment must be received at this office within 60 days from the date of this letter. If no information is received within this time frame, your application will be assessed based on the information you have provide to date."

The date of the letter is 30th april, 2008, but I received it today (melbourne) 20th july.

I would like know from the senior members what should I do now?

Thanks and best regards,
LB

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
The letter is pretty clear. If you have any updates from the time you first submitted your app please send those.If there are no changes wat ao ever you need not send updates. If you do not send any updates ur file will be processed based of ur initial application.

Regards,

AP

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
See it as an opportunity to get a higher score
I assume you've been employed , prepare new reference letters and documents indicating how much you earned, and any other useful information that makes you more marketable and send it ASAP

on the other hand if you previouly were quite sure, you scored more than 67 on the assessment score, then just ignore
goodluck

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually I am wondering about the IELTS. I took the exam 25th august 2005, result published on 1st september 2005. I got the reply of receive of pr application from the canadian consulate on 16th august 2006 (So within 1 year IELTS test date). Does the letter makes me compulsory to take the IELTS or something else?
Thanks in advance.

LB

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I wouldn't worry a bit about the IELTS. technically the test is not compulsory and the "old" score is an assurance that the officer will not arbitrarily undercut you when awarding points for the language skill points.

Good luck buddy

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

olusolalekan said:
I wouldn't worry a bit about the IELTS. technically the test is not compulsory and the "old" score is an assurance that the officer will not arbitrarily undercut you when awarding points for the language skill points.

Good luck buddy
Read the OP post s/he has been told to submit an updated IELTS.

PMM

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
Follow what you've been asked to submit. If they want new IELTS scores , then you have two options ...
a) either argue that you had earlier sent one in or b) request for time to complete that and send it in...
Note: this a forum of help, always defer to what CIC asked you for - that is what is most important!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
pmm,

TECHNICALLY THE ielts IS NOT COMPULSORY. The letter simply states that you should take the test within 120 days if you do not want them to assign you points based on evidence you submitted. I agree I would play it safe and do the exams again if I were in his shoes but as a matter of the rule, the ielts is not a must. A lenient immigration officer will still consider an expired test score when arbitrarily awarding language point.

littleboy

Jul 20, 2008
This email is the followup of my case : (Specially for those who is worried for IELTS, like me :) )

I submitted all the documents as asked for EXCEPT the new IELTS marks. Good to know that they did not bother for IELTS and asked me to do medical and police clearance. Now I have been asked to send my passports to Sydney consulate general.

It is complecated to understand why they asked for IELTS but without it they also processed it. Since I am a PhD student at my third year, I provided a letter from my institute. May be that worked, there is no way to be sure of. The reason I did not sit for IELTS is because in australia it is very hard to get a test date in a short time. Otherwise I definitely sat for it.
Best regards and thanks again to the members who advised me for my best.
LB.